Packrat DH, Tupperware...VICTORY! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-23-2006, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I have a packrat DH that never wanted to get rid of any tupperware (plastic storage, whatever you want to call it).

You know how it BREEDS in the DARKNESS, right? Well, we had a lot of it. More than would fit in our fridge at the same time (=way too much IMO). I'd throw away some here or there but my clutterlovingfreakofaDH would sometimes catch it when he took out the trash and nag me about it.

So I moved it. It has lived on the top of the pot rack, at approximately DH's eye level (but he's over a foot taller than me, so...above mine mwahahahaha) for about two months ago. I haven't said a WORD I swear. Yesterday DH says "I suppose we can get rid of some of this, you know, the grosser ones...they're just sitting here....we have more than we need..."

THANK GODDESS!

But no, I'm not moving his computer crud someplace visible. Oh the pain.

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#2 of 6 Old 05-23-2006, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikirj
But no, I'm not moving his computer crud someplace visible. Oh the pain.
LOL! I just cleaned off DH's desk today..I think I needed a dumptruck for all the junk I hauled off that thing..It was awful!!!

I'm slowly transforming DH into a minimalist..We did a serious purge recently since we just put our house on the market and DH keeps saying how great the house looks!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#3 of 6 Old 05-23-2006, 01:11 PM

Congrats!! I just might have to try your tactic! Very smart!
#4 of 6 Old 05-24-2006, 10:57 AM

I wish this would work for my hubby. Problem is, he's never home. When he is, he says the house is so cluttered he can't think straight. Gee, you wonder it might be because he's never home and I don't get any help with the kids, but he's such a packrat that he won't let me throw stuff out?? :

KerryAnn @ CookingTF dot com - Nutrient dense foods your kids will LOVE!  Real Food Cooking School and Lactofermentation Classes now live! Use coupon code "CTF" for 20% off.

#5 of 6 Old 05-24-2006, 11:42 AM

Good plan... My DH is a packrat of the "just in case" sort. When we moved 5.5 years ago he actually moved bags and bags of junk mail - just in case something important was mixed in. :

I'm a packrat, too, but I'm working on it. I'm getting better. I guess I should just leave stuff where I have to stare at it.
#6 of 6 Old 05-27-2006, 08:38 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page