baby item decision - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-05-2006, 03:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have managed to make a solid decision... YAH...
when im packing to move things to our new home.. which could realistically start TOMORROW.... things like baby washcloths, hooded towels etc that were not new with my 8 mos old dd will be tossed... the same goes for booties, flannel blankies crib sheets, etc....
that stuff seems to reproduce and we can get new items for the new home...
the same will go for adult towels... kitchen linens...

1 decision made.... 10K more to make....
#2 of 5 Old 06-05-2006, 10:29 AM

I decided to put all of my baby stuff in our upcoming yard sale. I figure this a surefire way to bring on ovulation.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#3 of 5 Old 06-05-2006, 11:43 AM
nym

since I had a tubal in april, I wont be having any more kids.. still there are a few things I can bare to pass on yet.. but what I have been doing is taking everything good to the consignment store (that way I can get bigger clothes for them for no money ) or passing them on to my preg sil..

I went through a box of my baby clothes a while back.. as I went through it I though.. what the hell.. why did my mom keep this stuff.. I have no attachment to it.. what am I going to do with it? and I donated it. Helps me to be more ruthless with my kids stuff

Good luck! You are doing great!!!
#4 of 5 Old 06-05-2006, 09:34 PM

What I did was create a memory box for each of my kids - just a rubbermaid container - actually the baby's is a little tiny one, DD's is a half height regular length/width one. I put special items in that, including a few outfits. If it isn't in there, then it doesn't stay. that said I haven't gotten rid of all their stuff yet because we are planning #3 but for some reason I'm just itching to be able to sell off all that junk!

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#5 of 5 Old 06-06-2006, 04:37 PM

I have a dd, age 4, and a ds, age 5 months. My husband does not want any more kids. I am putting all of my baby/maternity clothes into an upcoming garage sale. It has been very hard. Then I realized something I noticed about other families, and it has made it easier to start chucking all that stuff:

As soon as you get rid of your baby/maternity stuff you get pg again!

~Tracy

Rockin' mama to Allison (9), Asher (5) and Alethea (3), head over heels in love with my sexy husband, Tony.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page