i get halfway through then ... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-06-2006, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ive been trying really hard to declutter/simplify my life and house.. but everytime i get anything done i end up getting distracted, or busy doing something else and it ends up never getting finnished.

for example.. sorting out clothes. i changes around our bedroom the other day and i really like it.. then i decided to sort out the kids clothes. i went through everything and got rid of 3 garbage bags of stuff.. including recieving blankets, clothes, shoes, toys ect.. after i got rid of what i didnt want anymore i put away the stuff my son wears most of the time in his little dresser and same with my daughter, but then i had this big pile of other clothes that i wanted to organise..like socks into sock box, winter clothes to put away and a bunch of stuff that i just keep in a bin - cause im lazy, yeah.. anyways.. it was piled up on dh's bed(he sleeps on a futon in the bedroom sometimes..) and then he threw it all on the floor when he wanted to sleep and now its been days and its still on the floor!! i just cant seem to get to it and everytime i walk into the bedroom i feel irritated at myself and the mess... it would probably take me all of 15 minues to do but i dont do it.. AHHHHhH. plus whenever i do declutter/tidy the house just endsup a total mess again. even thogh we dont have many toys they are always on the floor. sometimes i just want to get rid of everything!!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2006, 12:48 AM

While I don't really like FlyLady, one of her "11 Commandments" is (I think) to take out no more than you can take care of in one hour.

Tradd

lady.gif
Old 06-06-2006, 01:17 AM

yeah, this happens to me all the time. Trying to oraganize the kids toys, I just wanted to put all the collections together in zip lock bags, then pack away most of them to rotate through, but I couldn't really do that without taking out all the toys (since they were all mixed up), which of course DD just wants to play with BAH!

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
Old 06-06-2006, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

well, after i wrote this out i reaslied that the time i spent writing it i could have been dealing with it so i got down and did it and im really happy.

i have another huge bag of stuff to go to the second hand store/garage sale and the bedroom looks awesome! im really happy.

..now onto the rest of the house :

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

User Tag List