So I've been here about 1 1/2 yrs, and I've never seen this forum before!
Reading these threads, I'm so inspired to clean and de-clutter. Unfortunatly, my Dad is getting re-married this weekend, so I won't have much time for it, but I can at least get started. We just got two roomates in our little two bedroom/one bathroom unit, so I really need to clean & organize. Some of the problem areas I need to work on:
- Magazines & catalogs: I can never seem to get rid of these.
- DH's half-finished model cars. They take up almost the entire top shelf of our bedroom closet.
- Games & puzzles. They take up soo much room in the closet, but we hardly ever play them. The puzzles, I don't think we've touched in three years.
- Coats & jackets. We've got just to darned many of them. DH has two high school letterman jackets he doesn't want to get rid of. We also have a ton of flannel & hoodies, perfect for chilly, drizzly PNW days, but we still don't need THAT many, yk?
- Wedding dresses. I have mine & my mother's, and I honestly don't know what do to with them! I need to call my mom & ask if she'd like it back. They take up so much room in the closet.
- Photo frames, collectables, & antiques. Just stuff that needs to be displayed, but it's ALL on top of the entertainment center. We need to put up some shelves.
One of the biggest obsticles will be DH, I think. He just gets so attached and sentimental to stuff.
He's got over 70 t-shirts! He'll keep any shirt, even though it's ripped, stained, and never worn, because he got it at his cousin's college graduation 10 years ago, or something.