Mid Year Organize/Declutter etc Challenge - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 62 Old 07-09-2006, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st
ok feel like Dora at the end of the show- I DID IT!

went thru pantry, playroom, dds' bedrooms, our bedroom, freezer, fridge, attic, got rid of close to 500 items this morning!!

DH took dd1 to the pool and after a few huge nursing sessions, while dd2 slept off her milk drunk I ran threw the house w 3 bags at one point tossing crap. The last few weeks we ate out the freezer before the heat set in and we wont eat those winter meals, cleaned out the fridge and if there was too many containers, had a leftover night for dinner. (pad thai is really good w guacomole on the side )

I have shredded, cleaned out files, just gotten rid of stuff. Even now I have a pile for the TP of outgrown dipes and clothing.

I think the playroom has toys that multiply by the hour. I also made a deal with my 4 yr old. If she wants something new, she needs to give away 2 toys to another child who dosent have them. I went thru there today while she was asleep and weeded out the party favors, bad costume stuff, happy meal toys, old playdoh, tidbits etc that seem to pile up.
what else could I do now?
wow thats great. I am now on to the extra room and bathroom. I am totally procrastinating my bedroom lol. I am also drastically reducing the clothing my children have and working on getting rid of my clothes in the hopes of making laundry managable.
#62 of 62 Old 07-10-2006, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I consolidated the cleaning supplies into a caddy to carry around. I cleaned out my sheep supplies (no more sheep). Kept a few key things but tossed the rest. I have a completely empty cupboard It'll be used to store the canned food I put up this year.

I am doing really well for July. I'd really like some built-ins for my living room. I envision a row of cupboards, with a counter for the TV and Stereo and book shelves. It's a fantasy.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page