Decorating on a dime - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 07-14-2006, 09:28 AM
p.s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You may want to check out the magazine World of Interiors. I love this mag and have kept all my back issues dating more than 10 y old. The featured homes all have 1 thing in common, they all are very ingeniously decorated, be it a chateau in France, a flat in london, or backyard playhouse of a young boy. Flipping through, one really gets the message that it is more about using what you have and imagination, than money.

This book actually features alot of the homes that I have seen profiled over the years.
Country Interiors/Interieurs a la Campagne by Diane Dorrans Saeks and Angelika Taschen (Hardcover - Jan 2002)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/382...e=UTF8&s=books

I think the prior editor Min Hogg was fabulous; the new one has been turning out issues not quite like Ms. Hogg, but still worth checking out.
#32 of 36 Old 07-14-2006, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Fence
pictures please. Pretty please.:
Not trying to be a tease. I want to get everything done and then I will do a photo tour. Patience mamas!

Sabrina , mom to 4 fab kids!

#33 of 36 Old 07-14-2006, 11:20 PM

I was in a department store the other day and they had a display where they had four plain cylinder vases attached to a wall with some simple silk flowers in them. It was just a prop in the home department, not actually something they were selling, but I tucked it away for future use. I'm sure it would be easy enough to do with cheap items from a craft store.

Another easy idea: I have a bunch of saucers hanging on the wall in my dining room. I stole the idea from a B&B where I stayed years ago. You can pick up single saucers for just $1 or $2 at junk stores. If the cup is broken most people don't have any use for them. Just add some plate hangers and you're set!

Mom to (5) (9)
#34 of 36 Old 07-20-2006, 09:17 AM

Another one of my *frugal* decorating ideas, hehe.

We moved into our *new* old house about 6 months ago and the preivous owner (my gma) left a lot of things she didnt want/need anymore. Well, we have fund numerous awesome finds in the basement and garage.

Actually this stuff is probably worth a small fortune as it is all primatives that belonged to my g-pas' parents! So we are slowly cleaning up and displaying all this fantastic primative "artwork" and best of all it was free! (If you dont count the cost of the house! )
#35 of 36 Old 07-20-2006, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Awesome Idea! Keep them coming. We've recently decided to stay in our "smallish" home and I really want it to be the home that we just "love". It's getting there. It's hard work with 4 little ones...my dh wants to move...but housing prices in our area are skyrocketing and I love not being house poor, so for now I'm winning the argument not to move.

Sabrina , mom to 4 fab kids!

#36 of 36 Old 07-21-2006, 12:08 AM

:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page