Here's my plan...anyone want to join me? :) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 75 Old 07-14-2006, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessoflove

Trini I have already make reservations for Bellona kids to shred at my house I was going to hire your son but his high demands was too much. The need for naps, snacks, treats, and probably play breaks. I just could not afford.

:

Proud mom to superhero.gifds2 (7/05), angel2.gif ds 1 (born into heaven at 38 weeks 11/03), and 5 more angels angel.gif (4/02) angel.gif (7/10) angel.gifangel.gif (11/10) angel.gif (11/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 75 Old 07-14-2006, 08:52 PM

My kids don't need naps...well, I think they do, they don't...and they win , they don't need breaks, and if you buy a watermellon they're good to go for the entire day

I decluttered some more last night and today. I didn't focus on any particular room... here's what I got :

2 board games
1 baton
1 stuffed animal
21 random pieces of trash
2 basket
5 pairs of pants
1 pair of socks
6 shirts
2 sweaters
1 dress
1 manual to my cell phone
1 candle
2 wine glasses
1 hair tie
1 plastic (broken) cutting board
1 bottle of lotion
1 junk toy
1 puzzle
1 magazine
1 set of kitchen canisters (so ugly, been wanting to get rid of them for a long time...just talked dh into it )
3 vases
70 pages of notes from a class I took
16 pages of notes the kids took while I was studying
24 pages of corrospondence from my brother and sister's school last year
3 jackets
2 harnesses (I bought when going on vacation to philly and didn't know what to expect...never used them, but the kids did when they were playing dogs )
56 books
1 old calendar

total this post : 209
total so far this week : 1825 + 2 shopping bags of paper! Woo-hoo!
#63 of 75 Old 07-14-2006, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

Bellona, when mdc comes back up after the server is replaced, I expect you to post a total over 2,000. No pressure now! Just kidding.

Everyone has done great this week! I think I overdid it at the beginning of the week and conked out a bit. Tomorrow is it! I think I'll shoot for an even 1300 items out of here...

Proud mom to superhero.gifds2 (7/05), angel2.gif ds 1 (born into heaven at 38 weeks 11/03), and 5 more angels angel.gif (4/02) angel.gif (7/10) angel.gifangel.gif (11/10) angel.gif (11/12)

#64 of 75 Old 07-14-2006, 11:11 PM

I totally want to make it to 2000....maybe 2500
#65 of 75 Old 07-19-2006, 06:37 AM

Just had to post an update. I didn't keep up with the post during the week because I felt like I would be more successful summing it all up. I ending up getting most of the clutter under control

spare bedroom: 2 bags of trash, organized closet, 1 bag donated to GW
(misc. items taken to garage to be properly stored)
master bedroom: 3 bags of trash, organized closet, 3 bags donated to GW
(winter clothes properly stored in attic)
office/mudroom: piles of garage clutter FINALLY taken to the garage

Garage: I'm not sure how this happened, but all of my cleaning encouraged DH to organize the garage. He had a friend and his uncle come to help...they worked for 3 days ~ 10 hrs a day, and it looks AMAZING!!! You can actually pull two cars in the garage and ALL of those tools have a "home" - we had one of those garages that you couldn't even walk in. Stuff was piled to the ceiling..it was absolutely horrible!! He has a trailer hooked up to our vehicle and it is loaded down with stuff he was willing to trash/donate!! I'm soooo proud!!! I know it's only because he wants room to do man stuff, but it's definately a vast improvement for my DH!! You all have no idea!!
Kitchen, Dining, Living, and Bath were all clutter free for the most part..just picked up here and there and found a "home" for Misc. items

Still to do:

3 laundry bags of DH clothes to sort through
Nursery closet to organize
Linen closet to organize
File away all paperwork
Organize DH work station

If I'm able to accomplish those last five tasks prior to baby, then I will be one relaxed and happy momma!!! I hope everyone else accomplished their goals...or even attempted to...after we have everything the way we want it, we should post pictures (although I still feel a LONG way away from that) Thanks for inspiring me mommas!!!

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#66 of 75 Old 07-19-2006, 08:40 AM

Lee Ann!
#67 of 75 Old 07-19-2006, 01:38 PM

We are kicking decluttering into high gear. Yea us!

Trini I don't know now about hiring Bellona kids. They want watermelon.

Bellona You are a decluttering machine.
What is with yours and Trini high demand children. Watermelon breaks!

I am on my second to last pile! : I didn't think that I would be moving along as fast as I am. I even added in the laundry room and declutter that room. It looks so much better in there. If I can keep going at this rate, I might be able to finish shredding within the next two weeks. I have even started working on more projects. You mommies have helped me so much to declutter and to stick with it and I thank you.
#68 of 75 Old 07-20-2006, 09:39 AM
p.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina~mom2be
Just had to post an update. I didn't keep up with the post during the week because I felt like I would be more successful summing it all up. I ending up getting most of the clutter under control

spare bedroom: 2 bags of trash, organized closet, 1 bag donated to GW
(misc. items taken to garage to be properly stored)
master bedroom: 3 bags of trash, organized closet, 3 bags donated to GW
(winter clothes properly stored in attic)
office/mudroom: piles of garage clutter FINALLY taken to the garage
Wow! LeeAnn, you did this 8 mo preggo and in hot SC? Way to go!
#69 of 75 Old 07-20-2006, 01:55 PM

I am down to my very last pile to shred. The shelf looks better already.
#70 of 75 Old 07-22-2006, 10:45 AM

I lost the paper I had written everything down on for the last day. I blame it on MDC for being down so long

It was about 200 things...so that means I may have met my goal of 2000

I REALLY need to get alot more done...alot of orgnaizing and more decluttering. I just want to get things as simple and streamlined as possible because I think I might be reallyreally busy come fall.
#71 of 75 Old 07-22-2006, 01:53 PM

I have been doing more decluttering than I had planned. I am starting to see clutter everywhere. But my most important focus is still on shredding. I am so close to being done. Even though my hands are getting tired from the daily shredding. I am hanging in there because I want to be finished this month.
#72 of 75 Old 07-22-2006, 06:30 PM

How brilliant are you?!!!!!!!
I've been on a purging spree myself and doing ok, but I think I will have so much more satisfaction if I quantify what I am actually donating and throwing out. Trini, you rock with 91 items from one room. Thanks for the motivation, mamas!!
#73 of 75 Old 07-25-2006, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Wow. I've been away for a while. And princessoflove is still shredding. And bellona hit 2000! And so many others are still going strong!

I just have to say that dh came home. Hasn't noticed a thing. Except today he opened the cabinet where we keep bags to use for garbage and newspaper to line the garbage bags and said, "Did you get rid of some newspaper?" Uh, yes! (and over 1000 other things)

We've had some contractors come in as we are planning to finish the basement. Hopefully dh will sort through the stuff down there. When that's done we are moving the office down there, so this mountain of junk will have to be dealt with. (I can always hope, can't I?)

#74 of 75 Old 08-02-2006, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi! So, this thread was a bit burried, and I know some of you have already accomplished your decluttering goals, but I feel the urge to post anyway!
I've been following (ok, stalking) this thread, and finally stored up enough inspiration to attack our little appartment. My dh is a total packrat/clutter-lover/clutter-causer, etc, etc, and our closets (3 of them) and our small storage space in the basement were ridiculous. I didn't even know what was in half of them. So, I waited until I was home alone, and went NUTS. It was crazy fun. Two full recylce bins, a bag of stuff to donate, a few freecycle items (already listed and waiting for pickup), and two huge garbage bags later... CLEAN! DECLUTTERED!
The best part was that dh got home just as I was putting the "keepers" back into our bedroom closet, where he used to keep all his junk. He immediately jumped on the garbage bag, and I had a nearly serious fit at him, "If you look in that bag, you cannot put ANYTHING back in the closet. Nothing!" So, he starts going through it, "Why do we have junk mail addressed to my sister (who has never even lived in the same city as we do)?", he says. Wedding announcement cards, "But they're so pretty!", he says. Unhunh. We got married a year ago. I'm pretty sure anyone who needs to know about it already knows. And, I thought ahead and made him a little envelope with one wedding announcement card, ONE copy of his friend's promo stickers, etc. So, now, he has a little shoebox full of all the stuff that I think is useless and would chuck if it was mine, but that somehow has meaning to him. It works. Now I just need to find an invisibility cloak for his desk. It sits in our kitchen and is a disaster, but I feel like it is his space and that I need to respect that. So, a disaster it remains.
Thanks for the inspiration on this thread. We now have tidy, uncluttered closets and a very servicable basement storage space. Next project, the writing desk and drawers filled with random papers. I may need to borrow some paper shredding children. We have watermelon growing in the backyard.
Katia.

For greater things are yet to come...

#75 of 75 Old 08-02-2006, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Katia,

Congratulations! Isn't it a wonderful feeling???

BTW, if you find that invisibility cloak, will you order me one in XL?

Quote:
I may need to borrow some paper shredding children. We have watermelon growing in the backyard.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page