The Seven Things Project - wanna join me? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-15-2006, 04:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Shannon!

I'm going to start this too. Its a great idea. We have so much stuff around here to pass on...

Starting with these two outgrown infant carseats sitting in my living room...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2006, 12:23 PM

Wow, blast from the past. Hi Kangamom
Old 08-15-2006, 02:37 PM

I am in.

I just found this thread the day after I was in tears at how overwhelmed I am with "stuff"

I decided Mission #1 was to declutter....which is hard for me. :

This may really help.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 08-15-2006, 03:38 PM

I'll join.

This summer I started in the kids rooms and worked through the entire house into the garage. Then dh and I tackled the garage. It feels like it is time to start again and it is so much easier to keep the place picked up when there is less to pick up. Perhaps working on a smaller scale will be easier and less noticed by those that like to save everything.

This week I am working on all the little girl clothes that are waiting in my closet. When one of the girls out grows something they just throw it in. Maybe I will want to wear a tshirt that comes ready-stained with tomato sauce in a size 3T?

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:36 PM

Its good to see you, Shannon. I've missed "seeing" you!

I recently mucked out our extra room, it was out "dungeon". I had about 3 or 4 baskets of baby clothes that I intended to resell at the consignment store. I finally gave up and realized I'd never have time to make the appt. and then make sure they were all clean and folded nicely, and then have to sit there with her while she picked through them. They all went to Goodwill. I also hauled out 2 big bags of misc. yarn that I had been hanging onto incase I ever had enough time to knit a crazy afghan. That aint happening any time soon. It wasn't very good yarn, and I hated looking at it really. It just made me feel guilty every time i wanted to buy good yarn. So all of that plus all my old maternity clothes and years-old stuff that was just worn out, plus any old hand-me-downs from the girls that were too worn out or stained to pass on. In all I took about 10 trash bags full to Goodwill. And I gave a 2 big bags of baby girl clothes to the neighbor with the new baby, another bag to the pregnant couple down the street, and 2 bags to the two year old down the street.

In total, I gave away 6 bags of girl clothes, sizes newborn-3T and 2 bags of boy clothes, ages newborn-9mo. I kept everything that I thought I could use, and my closet is still full. Its no longer all over the floor, but the closet is still full.

Everything in my closet is clothing the girls have outgrown. So if in the process of tossing things out anyone wants to pass on any boy clothes size 18 mo and up, I'll gladly pay for shipping costs.

The good thing is that after I got rid of all that stuff, The babies now have their own room! They were sleeping in pack n plays in the living room. Now we have them on a queen size mattress on the floor. They really like it I think.

~Diana
Old 08-17-2006, 12:59 PM

Yesterday I gave away

2 outgrown infant carseats

1 jumperoo

1 excersaucer

Thats 4 big things. My living room looks soooo much better. Today someone is coming to pick up a swing, a box of toys, and maybe a box of shoes if I can gather them up. Maybe books too. SO I think thats 7 things woo hoo!
Old 08-17-2006, 02:10 PM

Yeah! Today I am giving away 1 large bag of clothing, 1 barely used exersaucer, and a biggish push toy. Next, I am looking for the best way to get rid of outdated technology (most of which is not functional, like old drawing pads w/o the software).

Old 08-17-2006, 02:41 PM

I always drop that stuff off at the Goodwill and let them deal with it.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:00 AM
Banned

i am late but posting for Sat. Aug. 19

1. chart book for children
2. old magazines
3.book for resale
4. "
5. "
6. "
7. "
Old 08-22-2006, 09:31 AM

- a book
- 7 fruit leathers
- 4 toddler outfits
- 1 jewlery box
- paper (cards and such)

Unfortunately I BROUGHT IN...

- toddler sized easel, chalkboard for wall, creative memories scrapbooking products (I think 4 types total!!)

I'm doing so hot on this declutter thing am i?

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]
Old 08-22-2006, 05:08 PM

I loaded two more bags of little girl clothing in the van. If I get rid of any more it will have to be mine.

I am swimming upstream though. More continues to come in from my parents. They just moved and really downsized. They are sure I can use what they do not have room for and don't seem to get it. As long as I can move it out before someone becomes attached to something it will be okay.

Old 08-22-2006, 05:10 PM

We have gotten rid of 1 van full of donations, 1 van full of trash ( : ), and 64 additional pieces of clothing and a diaper bag.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 08-22-2006, 05:10 PM

Oh...plus mailed off approx 7 books through www.paperbackswap.com

Old 08-22-2006, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Better late than never, but I finally got rid of my first seven things. On Saturday I took a bag of DS' old clothes and a TV to Goodwill. Apparently the computer monitor I took was too old, they wouldn't accept it. It's one of DH's old monitors that we haven't used in several years but he wanted to hold onto it "just in case." I guess we held onto it too long. I have another one that is only a bit newer so my goal is to get the two of them to the recycling center sometime in the next two weeks.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

Old 08-22-2006, 09:35 PM

I got rid of some more cookbooks. This purge has been the hardest / healthiest because these cookbooks survived the first two cookbook purges. That's hard for me, really.

More than seven.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:37 PM

I *didn't* get rid of something today I've been getting rid of so much stuff I'm going to go easy on myself when I have to. Basically, there's so much stuff in this house I have no problem getting rid of, why stress over the things that are hard? I'll do the easy stuff first

Anyway, it's a tea, creamer and sugar set my SIL gave me. She hand painted it with a design from our wedding and did a good job. I collect tea pots so you'd think this would be perfect but I don't like the pot. I just don't like the shape of it. But my SIL is really nice and she meant well . . . So I've been looking at it for a week and not being able to put it in a bag and today (after bagging up some different stuff to go) I decided to just put the tea set in the basement or something. I'll deal with it another time.

The point isn't to torture myself right?
Old 08-24-2006, 09:47 PM

I've just started a blog about decluttering me and my family are moving soon, we are shooting for before chirstmas but might not make it, depending here's the blog... http://mom3kids.blogspot.com/
Old 08-24-2006, 10:32 PM

OK, HOW in the world do you had photos to your blog... ???? Please help me i'm minorly computer challenged at times!
Old 08-25-2006, 12:02 AM

You have blogger right? There's a little icon at the top when you compose an entry. It's a square with blue on the top (supposed to be a picture). If you click on that it brings you to a little window. Hit "browse" and then you can search through your photos. Pick one, pick whether you want it left, center or right (I always have a heck of a time with that, The words get all weird sometimes). Then you click upload image. Then after it uploads (it will take a little bit) you click the done button and it puts it into the post. It always seems to put it at the top so I have to copy and paste it and then put it where I want. After the first time you do it you'll get the hang of it

Oh, and good luck moving
Old 08-26-2006, 03:58 AM

I can do that. I was actually working on stuff last night. This is motivational!

Former dreads.gifwearing, treehugger.gifing, pole dancing, read.gifpushing, ribbonpurple.gifsurvivor & single mama extraordinaire to energy.gif.  

Now that's a mouthful!!! computergeek2.gif & follow it!   

Old 08-26-2006, 01:46 PM

thanks shannon my posts will soon have my awful bedroom picutres... talk about terrible... i'm ashamed to say that's where i sleep!!!
Old 08-26-2006, 02:19 PM

Heh, I'm too embarrassed to post my "before" pictures unless I have "after" ones to put up at the same time. Which would explain why so far I've only gotten one "before" up on my blog

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures! Pictures are good
Old 08-26-2006, 02:52 PM

I'm in.

Here are my giveaways this week:

2 bags clothes
birth/pregnancy books
rubbermaid tub of toys
box of cookbooks/computer books
Old 08-26-2006, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so glad people are still doing this!

My Saturday Seven #8 is now up.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:58 PM

Wow!! I'm just finding this thread and I'd love to join! I'll have to have a Sunday 7 though - Saturday doesn't work for me but I'm really excited! We moved from a small apartment to a big house last December but we don't have closets like we did and I feel like there's stuff everywhere! I'm stoked!
Old 08-26-2006, 09:57 PM

Let's see, this Saturday's seven was:

- a large picture frame. When I was little it had a pic of me that my dad painted and hung on my Grandma's wall. I've reframed the picture but held onto the frame for several years.

- a body pillow that I don't use

- broken window blinds that sat in the bedroom floor for months

- 3 empty gift bags and several empty boxes that had been sitting in the floor of DD's room since June

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

Old 08-27-2006, 02:31 PM

Just finished up my bedroom and my pictures are uploading now to my blog... Can anyone help me figure out how to link a word.... Like you have just the work "blog" in your sigurnature but i can't figure it out with just copy and pasting the link... http://moms3kids.blogspot.com
Old 08-27-2006, 02:40 PM

kewl, I can't wait!

To link to a word, first copy the URL you want to use. Then type (in the post) the word you want to link to. Then you highlight the word and up above the post area there is a little icon for a link - It's the green circle with what looks like glasses on it (how that has anything to do with links I don't know!). When you click on that a window will pop up and you paste your URL in there. It does it for you!

I hope I explained that right :

I had a productive day yesterday! I finally ventured into the trading post and am mailing something off as soon as I get an address The TP is SO much easier than eBay,
Old 08-27-2006, 02:52 PM

OK, I can't figure out how to join the blog ring!
http://parity13.blogspot.com/

I clicked the "Join" button and filled everything out (a couple weeks ago) but I don't know what to do now.

Help, anyone? I'm not normally this internet-challenged. :

chicken3.gif

Old 08-28-2006, 12:41 PM

moms3kids, good job (wait, can I say "good job" on MDC? ) 150 items, wow!

LadyBug, I don't know, that's all I did. Maybe PM earthchick for help? (she started the ring).

User Tag List