Children's wardrobes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-10-2006, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm trying to get together my kids winter wardrobes. I don't have any hand me downs for them, so I am gathering it all at the consignment store and ebay. So, I'm trying to decide what/how much they need. DD will be a 2T and ds a 6-12 months. DD really loves dresses right now and won't wear anything else, but I suspect when the snow hits, she will be willing to at least but leggings on.

What would you put in a 2t girl wardrobe and a 6-12 month boy wardrobe for winter (ohio)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2006, 06:54 PM

For my 2T DD, we do a lot of fleece. Fleece pants are the best...coupled with a pullover. Turtleneck underneath...or just a t-shirt. We had 3 sets from
Children's Place. I think I spent $30...but that's all she wore!

Dresses with tights are fun...I think we will probably do some of that too. We like lots of layers.

We're in Iowa...so the climate is similar.

Garage sales are the best for finding kids clothes...Good luck!

Sara ::: Mama to Bella Grace & Lucy Mae Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. 1 Peter 3:4
Old 07-11-2006, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delight
Garage sales are the best for finding kids clothes...Good luck!
Craigslist is awesome for children's clothing and toys, also. I just bought a Kettler tricycle for $15 and it looks BRAND NEW!
Old 07-11-2006, 02:01 AM

My dd just got out of 2T this past winter. We live in NH and mostly she wore blue jeans, turtlenecks, long sleeved shirts. And she liked to wear her "camisoles" under her shirts - those would be tank top type undershirts. Now she wears them as summer tops. My dd isn't big into sweaters but she would wear a fleece zip up or the lovely poncho I made her. Also, she likes dresses too so we just stocked up on thick tights.

I did a lot of shopping at a couple of local consignment stores. I will be doing the same for this winter as I have credit at one of them.

Lisa mom to Gillian (7) : and three : :

User Tag List