Mothering Forum banner

I have been inspired to declutter and organize! Check it out.

2K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  thriftyqueen 
#1 ·
I have been lurking around this forum for a while now just taking in all the info you all have to offer. This weekend I finally went on a mission to do some decluttering and organizing. It was so much work, but I got several rooms completed including my bedroom, my son's room, the spare bedroom, my craft room (craft room started anyway). I also included some pics of my living room, dining room, basement and bathroom. I am hoping to get the rest of the house organized too. It is so hard in an old house as there is not much storage, but you have all inspired me to get going. Thanks!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...=2QaN2bNy5YuSg

Hopefully this link works. This it the first time I have included a link so here goes nothing!!!

#10 ·
Thanks for all the comments. We have worked so hard restoring our house. It was built in 1919 and was in need when we bought it. We have replaced the roof, are in the process of painting the exterior, finished the basement, painted, put in new floor (except the hardwood), etc.

Yes, I did the faux finishing myself. I used the plastic bag technique. First you paint the wall the solid color that you want and then you take a bit darker (or lighter if you wanted) paint and you dab a crumpled plastic grocery bag in the paint. Then you just dab it on the wall. You can put as much or as little on the wall as you want. It is really fast and simple. In my bedroom, I used a gold glaze over a light tan and that really turned out nice. In the living room, it is a light gold with a darker mustard over the top.

I also love wallpaper. My son's room is wallpaper and the dining room is wallpaper. The kitchen is half wallpaper (like a chair rail). It is checkered red and tan and then I have old retro diner signs all over the kitchen. I will include pics sometime.

#19 ·
hopeelise, I am in Minnesota. Good luck to your husband on the tests. Rapson is a bit of a legend here, unfortunately, his buildings keep getting torn down, a Church was lost just a couple months ago and the fate of the Guithre is still unknown, but if you are in the twin cities there is still much to see.

#25 ·
Thanks for the comments! My house has changed a bit since I posted these. We are in the process of a major bathroom remodel as the previous owners attempted to remodel it 4 years ago, but didn't do a very good job (lots of really cheap stuff) and it is falling apart already!

I will have to include some updated pics soon.

As far as having a clutter problem, I really do. I love garage saling and "deals" so I have to really watch myself. I have a ton of stuff in my storage room to go through and declutter, but I do try to keep my main living area somewhat clutter free. Definitely not clean all the time!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.