wanting to move, house is a pigsty!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-10-2006, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We've decided that our house is just too small, 3 kids and two bedrooms, too crowded!
My dh has already been taking me to look at houses which i think is wrong because our house is not ready!
Where do i start? We are seriously looking at get a storage unit, this is a little embarrassing but we have had a queen size box spring sitting on our stairs to our basement for about 6 months as it won't fit through the doorway to the basement. It is just loads of fun trying to carry a laundry basket up the stairs with this mammoth bed beside you.
I seriously need help, my dh thinks we could get it all ready in a week in ahalf.
Did i mention that the bathroom needs wallpaper on it? Or the kitchen that my dh redid (last summer) still needs those wooden thingys to go up around the windows and doorways. The baseboards in the bedrooms still need to be put on since we painted about 2 years ago. The list goes on and on!!!
#2 of 7 Old 07-10-2006, 11:31 PM

Hmmmm maybe looking at houses wil be motivation to you guys!

We have 3 kids and are in 1,000 sqft 2 bed 1 bath house. Its too small. We have thought of moving but figure we will just add on. That is unless dh goes back to school.
#3 of 7 Old 07-10-2006, 11:36 PM

Moving can be overwhelming. Add on preparing a house to put up for sale, and that is a double whammy of being overwhelmed. But if it is something you want to do, you can get it all done. Take it one room at a time. Make a list of what each room needs to have done, what things you need to buy and cost to get everything done. It might take more time than your dh thinks but it is can be done within a reasonable time period.
#4 of 7 Old 07-11-2006, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

thanks, i did write out a list last night of everything that needs to be finished in each room, it is a long long list!
This is my dh for you, i said last night do you want to work on something together in the house and he said oh i'm tired i will probably just go to bed. So i made the sob go to bed at 10:00, i went with him:
#5 of 7 Old 07-11-2006, 08:39 AM

The only way I clean good is if I'm good and mad. THROW IT ALL OUT Mad, KWIM? And I love freecycle. People just come pick up stuff. It's great
#6 of 7 Old 07-11-2006, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3andcountin
The only way I clean good is if I'm good and mad. THROW IT ALL OUT Mad, KWIM? And I love freecycle. People just come pick up stuff. It's great
:
#7 of 7 Old 07-11-2006, 03:28 PM

I'd start by having a yard sale and freecycling what's left. You might raise a bit of $ for repairs. A storage unit is a good idea for things you want to keep but don't have space for.

If your dh is so gung-ho, get him started on the mortgage paperwork - that always takes the edge off excitement!

You'll get better offers, IMO, if your place looks great, so it's a good idea to make a plan for completing repairs.

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page