Organizing basement...HELP..... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-19-2006, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
UGH! The time has come for me to clean out and organize the basement. We moved into this house about a year ago. The first level including closets, pantry, laundry room etc. are all organized. The upper level including the playroom, bedrooms, closets, etc are organized. The garage is organized beautifully with the Rubbermaid fast track system.

Then there is the basement. It is a very nice finished basement with good light and some built in cabinets, nice carpet, drywalled, resessed lighting, etc. It is also filled with crap.: I don't know where to start. there is a large storage room, a large closet under the stairs ( I have all the holiday stuff stored there) and a large crawl space for storage. The "living space" is divided into two good sized rooms. We would like to turn them into a fun area with a air-hockey table or something and a place to lounge and play.

Any ideas what to do or where to start?

Mom to Zach eat.gif , 2 cat.gif, 1dog2.gif, and a whole lot of goldfish.gif!!!! 
#2 of 4 Old 07-19-2006, 11:06 PM

Keep going the way you are... move all the junk into a contained place until it gets smaller and smaller. Clear the rooms that are for living, then use what you want there. If the rest of your house is done and then the basement too, you know you can get rid of the rest or put it in marked storage containers.

We moved in last November and we still have to organize the basement... though we did get rid of a lot of stuff.
#3 of 4 Old 07-22-2006, 09:34 PM

Perhaps if you start planning the lounge and play area it will give you the motivation to get going, whether to organize or purge. Great job with getting the rest of your house and garage under control. I'm still trying to get there myself!
#4 of 4 Old 07-23-2006, 06:08 AM

I 2nd sugar and sun. Put everything into ONE storage area and then break that down.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page