So how clean/organized is your house.... really? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: How clean and organized is your house?
You are lucky if you can open the front door! And where the heck is that broom? 27 100.00%
Clean, yes; but my idea of organized is slamming the closet door before anything falls on me! 22 100.00%
I HAVE to clean before anyone comes over; I've also got shelves know how to use them. 77 100.00%
Martha Stewart here... bring on the white glove honey!!! (okay, if anyone chooses this... snort!) 6 100.00%
other: please explain. 14 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 07-30-2006, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy
I would rather have my daughter (when she gets older) remember how much fun I was and how involved I was with her rather than, oh we had a super clean house yk?
My point exactly!

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#32 of 35 Old 07-30-2006, 08:54 PM

not.nearly.as.well.as.i.want.it.to.be!! We just moved, so it's not as bad as it was...though there's still tons in boxes. I HATE clutter, though, so I'm trying to declutter as we go...it's a long and slow process!
#33 of 35 Old 08-02-2006, 08:51 PM

My husband and I recently went through the entire house, top to bottom, every nook and cranny and cleaned it then either put it back, rearranged it, recycled it, threw it out, or put it in the garage sale pile. We have an enormous garage sale pile and a very clean and organized house. I'm so thrilled with this. Everything was so hectic when we moved in a few years ago that we're just now finally settling in.
#34 of 35 Old 08-03-2006, 10:37 AM

I have the problem that I am an incredibly compulsive Virgo...I love it when everything is not just put away, but spotless. My house was always like this growing up. As a WOHM with a 3 yo and a 5 mo, I am losing my mind. I just can't relax when the house is a mess. I can't ignore it!

Dh is home with the kids and he is NOT a good cleaner, nor does he care if the house is clean. I come home from work and there is stuff absolutely everywhere. Even with spending 2 hrs every night after the kids go to bed ironing, washing, folding, scrubbing, dusting and putting stuff away, I can't even begin to keep up with the mess. Aaaarrrgggh!
#35 of 35 Old 08-04-2006, 08:32 PM
Banned

my husband and i (no children yet) are 'in transition.'

three months ago, we were 'lucky to open the front door.'

Now, we're clean but be careful when you open closets. Part of there reason for this was we purged for weeks--getting rid of stuff, particularly clutter--and then we had rennovations done to our house (new floors and walls painted/repaired).

Then, we went on a month-long research/vacation trip in europe.

Now we're back.

Over the next few weeks, we're going to reorganize our closets. I have shelves--newly found because of the purge--and i'm making them less cluttered and more organized. Our closets are full of empty storage solutions, which were emptied in the process, but the stuff that still needs to be organized--things we wanted to keep, etc--was mostly stacked up in the center of rooms while things were painted and floors were laid.

so, the process now is re-purging the closets and organizing them so that they can hold all that we need them to hold.

Also, we have to take the books to the used book seller--which will free up a number of storage bins (that's how we're transporting them).

That should take us to both clean and organized.

but, i'm not a martha-stewart styled cleaner. I actually like to have the house 'in process' and i don't mind a dust bunny or a sticky kitchen floor. Everything gets washed, swpt, or dusted at least once a week. laundry is managed every day, as are dishes and cooking.

it's not 'white glove' spotless all the time--and i rarely have to do any 'extra' cleaning when company comes over--but i'm happy with the level of cleanliness and now, i'm much happier with far less clutter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page