Turned the junk room into the playroom! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-14-2006, 02:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is a HUGE accomplishment for me. The room had been a junk room for years. I would obsess over it, worry about it, wonder what was wrong with me for not being able to do anything about it. A few nights ago I couldn't sleep because my heart was pounding thinking about it. Yesterday I told DH that I wanted to completly clear it out and put a bunch of dd's toys in there. This morning, he said, "let's do it." We couldn't start until the afternoon due to my schedule, and I cried a few times in the morning worrying about it. It only took 3 1/2 hours! When dd saw that it was her very own room, and we started putting her toys in there, she jumped with joy! (Previously, all her toys were crammed in the living room). And we didn't have to put much stuff in the garage--I was able to find appropriate places in the house for most of the things that were in the room. That had been a concern of mine--I didn't want to just move the mess from one place to another. So, yea for me!!! And yea for dd!
#2 of 5 Old 08-14-2006, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Paula, that's really great!

I did a similar thing yesterday with a corner of the baement where too many toys and off season clothing were accumulating. We put up shelves, threw down a rug, we already had a small dexk there and the kids took over. It felt really good to reclaim the space.

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#3 of 5 Old 08-14-2006, 10:48 AM

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO WTG mama!

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived
#4 of 5 Old 08-14-2006, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That is great! I sort of wish I had a junk room I could convert to a playroom, LOL! Any chance of pictures?

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#5 of 5 Old 08-14-2006, 11:22 AM

Very cool We used to have a junk room and yeah, it made me feel like this : Now it's my bedroom

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page