I decluttered my kitchen today!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-24-2006, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This board has been very inspiring. I don't consider myself to be a cluttered person, but there's always room to improve. My kitchen cabinets had gotten a bit messy anyway, so today I spent about 2 hours in there organizing every cabinet. I was able to get rid of 7 grocery bags (the plastic ones from walmart, etc) worth of stuff! We've lived in this apartment for almost 7 months, so when I came across stuff that I haven't used in that time, I thought about whether I really needed it or not. Sure, there's a few things that I keep even though they haven't been used, but many items I could get rid of. Dh won't let me get rid of his food dehydrator even though he used it once about 6 years ago and that's it. Oh well. I also got rid of almost all my cookbooks. I had already gone through and typed my favorite recipes into my recipe software on the computer. So, no reason to keep all those books! And there was the set of over 100 cookie cutters- I just kept 10-15 of the shapes we actually use! (I'm finally realizing that just because stuff came together doesn't mean I have to keep the whole set!)

Add that stuff to the 3 or 4 bags of miscellaneous clothes, etc and I have quite a nice load to donate tomorrow! (yes, I'm proud of myself!).

Now tomorrow I have to clean up the living room because the kids TRASHED it while I was in the kitchen working. Oh well.
#2 of 7 Old 08-24-2006, 09:48 PM

Yay!!
Now come on over and declutter my kitchen (that is tomorrow's project).
#3 of 7 Old 08-24-2006, 09:51 PM

I feel like once i get my kitchen under control the rest of the house will follow suit soon... well it's been a week and so far i've been good to go in the kitchen... great job!
#4 of 7 Old 08-25-2006, 08:07 PM

Great job!

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#5 of 7 Old 08-29-2006, 09:07 PM

That is really just awesome. You've inspired me to go into my kitchen and look through the cupboards & drawers. Heck, you've inspired me to do a lot today! First the text books (which are done being sorted) and now the kitchen.
#6 of 7 Old 08-29-2006, 11:28 PM

That's great! We are painting our kitchen and it is helping me to take stock of everythimg in every drawer and cupboard!

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#7 of 7 Old 08-30-2006, 05:15 PM

I'm always making cute shaped sandwiches for DD. . . .I'd pay for postage.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page