Is the Flylady wall calendar very religious? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-27-2006, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is the Flylady wall calendar religious?

In other words in the spring are there Easter illustrations, or Christmas stuff in December?

Can these be covered up easily or is the calendar suitable for any faith or none?

Thanks.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#2 of 6 Old 08-27-2006, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

I found a picture and I may have answered my own question.
http://www.flylady.net/pages/FlyShop_calendar.asp

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#3 of 6 Old 08-27-2006, 04:26 PM

I have the 2006 FlyLady calendar. It has the wording for Holidays on the specific day squares. However, there are no illustrations anywhere. The Holiday wording is on the bottom of the square and looks to me to be easily coverable with a sticker or paper & tape. (There are moon phase illustrations, though.)

An introvert and ain't ashamed of it!  love.gif
#4 of 6 Old 08-27-2006, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Tellera. I wanted one for a gift that doesn't have illustrations. The words don't bother me.

#5 of 6 Old 08-27-2006, 04:47 PM

You're welcome!

I FlyLady

An introvert and ain't ashamed of it!  love.gif
#6 of 6 Old 08-29-2006, 03:28 AM

Hi--I know you got your answer but I just wanted to chime in and say that we got this calendar and DH and I really both like it. I would feel that it would be appropriate for any religion, or no religion. It does have various holidays written on it but nothing more. (And even if you don't celebrate xmas or Easter or Labor Day, it's good to know when everyone else is going to be and things are going to be closed, etc.!) Unlike many (well, most) monthly calendars that you'd hang in your home, the spaces are really, really big so you can write several things on each day square. And there are mini calendars for the previous and next months on that same page, so you can glance at them. We used to each have our own planner but now we have this thing hanging in the kitchen and we both put things on it and it helps keep us on the same page. One thing I like too is that there is a sleeve in the back of the calendar, and so I stick certain things back there--like for instance, if I get a wedding invite I'll write the date on the calendar and then stick the invite in the pocket, so when the time comes up I'll have all the info there.

I really love Flylady too! Of all the things that I have found in my life that have helped me, I would rank Flylady right up there at the top! Most of my life I have been stifled by an intense perfectionsim, and Flylady has really helped me let go of that and it's been very freeing!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page