Anyone use a daily planner that you LOVE? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-28-2006, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a paper planner girl. I tried a palm pilot years ago & never put anything meaningful in it, forgot to check it, etc. etc. I really need the pen to paper to make it work. I had a sweet one with dd's picture on it for the past 3 years & the company stopped making them

soooo, i'm obsessing over what system to change to. ugh. : i tend to over-research & get nutty over these things, but that's me I've looked at filofax, day runner, etc. Levenger has a cool system but you have to replace the whole thing each year & i would prefer refills to reduce waste.

I WOH 4 days a week & see kids in a school and outside at a site and their houses. I need a good organization system desperately!!! All suggestions are very very welcome!!!
#2 of 7 Old 08-28-2006, 12:48 AM

I use a little leather covered daily planner that's the size of a checkbook! It has a monthly calendar section and then a daily/weekly spread. I record everything in it and then I'll save it with DD's babybook. (because it records all of her "firsts" moments along with what we did!)
It's small enough that I can put it in my wallet and it always fits in my pocketbook no matter how small it is. That way I'm never without it.

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#3 of 7 Old 08-28-2006, 11:22 AM

I use the classic sized Franklin Covey planner. The pages I like are the weekly format of the Simplicity style. I only write events and appointments on the calendar, and then I have tabs in the back that I use to make to-do lists and manage my life. I sort my lists by context so I have a computer list, an outside list, a "domestic" list of odds and ends around the house, a sewing list, a deep-cleaning/decluttering list, an errands list, etc. I refer to my lists daily and re-write them weekly as needed. I hate calendars where you write your to-do list on daily pages because you're never going to get all that stuff done and you end up just feeling guilty all the time.

Tana, wife to Steve (5/02), mom to Ben (7/03), Joey (10/06) and Caroline (9/09)
#4 of 7 Old 08-28-2006, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageta
I use the classic sized Franklin Covey planner. The pages I like are the weekly format of the Simplicity style. I only write events and appointments on the calendar, and then I have tabs in the back that I use to make to-do lists and manage my life. I sort my lists by context so I have a computer list, an outside list, a "domestic" list of odds and ends around the house, a sewing list, a deep-cleaning/decluttering list, an errands list, etc. I refer to my lists daily and re-write them weekly as needed. I hate calendars where you write your to-do list on daily pages because you're never going to get all that stuff done and you end up just feeling guilty all the time.
I love my Franklin Covey too!

Its probably the best one I have ever used.

I have a plam pilot too, and now i cant find the charge cord . I never got the hang of it and it was a really nice one.
#5 of 7 Old 08-28-2006, 02:02 PM

I had a palm that I actually used. My DH decided that he needed it more than I did and I haven't seen it since.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" --Leonardo Da Vinci
 blogging.jpg  780/2014 decluttered

#6 of 7 Old 08-28-2006, 09:02 PM

I've used the Pocket DayTimer system on and off since college. They sell refill books and wallets to carry them, so you can choose a wallet that's just a cover or one that can double as an actual wallet with coin purse etc. Google for the link.

Mom to DD1 (11/1999),  DD2 (07/2003), and DS (11/2012), all born at home and cloth diapered. 

#7 of 7 Old 08-28-2006, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

thanks!!! you mamas are great! i went out late this afternoon & found a really cute franklin covey for target one- stylish, compact, etc. it came with monthly & i added the weekly pages.

i saw this planner that was a little over the top in general but i like some of their extra features like a fitness tracker. hmmmm..... i *do* like to customize!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page