My hutch!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-29-2006, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You can actually SEE it now! Pictures here

I'm having so much fun with this board and the 7 Things Project. Y'all are just so cool and inspiring. :

Keep on de-cluttering! (maybe next summer I'll be done decluttering and will start some re-decorating threads )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2006, 12:15 AM

Wow, great job!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:26 AM

Shannon, that looks really great! What a good use of that time.

I want to tell you I am really enjoying reading your posts and your blog. In a small way, I feel like we are traveling this decluttering journey together and it is really helping me to stay motivated

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
Old 08-30-2006, 12:29 AM

that is so great!!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks you guys

moms3kids, sorry! I had moderation on my comments which is why yours didn't go through! I turned it off since it's confusing people

Joan thanks Do you have a blog too? I'm enjoying reading blogs and this forum for the same reason. It's just so motivating!

Everyone should blog their de-cluttering just to make me happy. Pictures, I want more pictures!
Old 08-30-2006, 01:25 PM

It looks great!! Good for you . My clutter hot spot is the kitchen counter, I feel so much better when it's cleaned off but of course it ends up cluttered up again. I need to find a better system for mail.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:28 PM

You are so inspiring! I'm so proud of you. That part where you were thinking about doing and then just did it! And you didn't get distracted and it didn't take that long? That is SO what I needed to hear.

I'm still stuck in the phase where I think I don't have time to do it right, so why do it at all!

My goals for the weekend are to reorg my closet to have 1) more hanging space and room for my medieval gowns. And somewhere on my list is getting wedding pictures made from our wedding 7 years ago. My mother bought frames for all of her children and mine proudly hangs on her wall with the sample wedding photo still in it. (The one that comes with the fram).

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:34 PM

Damn, looks good!

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

Old 08-30-2006, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone I tell you this is my favorite part of MDC. Everyone is nice, everyone is supportive and the encouragement is great :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellien C
I'm still stuck in the phase where I think I don't have time to do it right, so why do it at all!
I run hot and cold on Flylady but that's one thing I really have to thank her for! Ok, yeah, I did the hutch in one shot but this afternoon I started the kitchen counter and got distracted and wandered off half way through It's still not done but it's a lot cleaner than when I started so that's a good thing I might finish it tonight, maybe tomorrow, I don't know

What are your medieval gowns from? I have two chests full of SCA outfits that I really should put in the attic. We haven't been to an event in 5 years so why am I storing them in my bedroom?

User Tag List