I need help with magazines! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-30-2006, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We get more than I'd like to admit. And I do read most of them. But I can't seem to find a way to handle them while they're in reading mode. (I usually recycle them when I'm done; so long-term storage isn't an issue.) They end up piled in random places, and I can't seem to keep track of them. What do you do with your current magazines?
thanks,
Erin

Momma to 8 y.o. DS and 5 y.o. DD. Married to a Maker!

#2 of 7 Old 08-30-2006, 04:39 PM

I have a cute little magazine holder that sits up against the side of my couch. I got it for like $5 at a garage sale!

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#3 of 7 Old 08-30-2006, 04:54 PM

he best thing I have found is a flat rectangular basket that can slide under the couch, bed, or coffee table. WIth mag racks, the mags always flop over for me.
#4 of 7 Old 08-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Banned

i have a large, beautiful bowl in the center of my coffee table. this bowl holds the current issues of the magazines that we read. right now it has "parabola," "wise traditions," and "ascent." it also has a few post cards from friends.

we also have a subscription to rolling stone. typically, we read the magazine within the first week of getting it and then give it to a friend. when we get the next issue of the magazines, these go into the libraries for back issues--but we always freecycle the rolling stone to a friend.
#5 of 7 Old 08-30-2006, 05:04 PM

If not, cancel the subscriptions. I only ever have 2 or 3 at a time, I also toss catalogs quickly, too. If I need to order from catalogs, I can do it online.
#6 of 7 Old 08-30-2006, 05:57 PM

I have a pretty basket on the shelf under an end table. I keep my catalogs and magazines in there. As soon as the new issue comes the old one is out. The basket is shallow on purpose. When the basket is filled to the top I have to purge the catalogs/magazines. It also helps that I only have 2 magazine subscriptions.

Mom to Zach eat.gif , 2 cat.gif, 1dog2.gif, and a whole lot of goldfish.gif!!!! 
#7 of 7 Old 08-31-2006, 03:01 AM

I LOVE magazines and get a bunch too! I have a canvas lined wicker basket in the living room that I keep them in, and another cute wood antique thingy (I don't know if it has a name) in the bathroom that holds 4-5 current issues. I give them to family and friends when I'm through with them. My mom and I love to pass them to each other. I really like having the basket in the living room, near my couch, so that when I have a free minute I can just grab a magazine out and not have to go looking for it.

~Beth, mama to two amazing girls, ages 12 and 6~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page