Mothering Forum banner

I need help with magazines!

680 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Fiestabeth 
#1 ·
We get more than I'd like to admit. And I do read most of them. But I can't seem to find a way to handle them while they're in reading mode. (I usually recycle them when I'm done; so long-term storage isn't an issue.) They end up piled in random places, and I can't seem to keep track of them. What do you do with your current magazines?
thanks,
Erin

#4 ·
i have a large, beautiful bowl in the center of my coffee table. this bowl holds the current issues of the magazines that we read. right now it has "parabola," "wise traditions," and "ascent." it also has a few post cards from friends.

we also have a subscription to rolling stone. typically, we read the magazine within the first week of getting it and then give it to a friend. when we get the next issue of the magazines, these go into the libraries for back issues--but we always freecycle the rolling stone to a friend.

#6 ·
I have a pretty basket on the shelf under an end table. I keep my catalogs and magazines in there. As soon as the new issue comes the old one is out. The basket is shallow on purpose. When the basket is filled to the top I have to purge the catalogs/magazines. It also helps that I only have 2 magazine subscriptions.

#7 ·
I LOVE magazines and get a bunch too! I have a canvas lined wicker basket in the living room that I keep them in, and another cute wood antique thingy (I don't know if it has a name) in the bathroom that holds 4-5 current issues. I give them to family and friends when I'm through with them. My mom and I love to pass them to each other. I really like having the basket in the living room, near my couch, so that when I have a free minute I can just grab a magazine out and not have to go looking for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.