How Do I Store Business Cards? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-31-2006, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm cleaning up my desk and I've ended up with a stack (about an inch tall) of business cards that I need. I've thrown out the ones I don't need and this is what's left. How do I store them? A lot of them have writing on both sides. The only thing I can think of is wrapping them in an elastic and shoving them in a drawer. But that doesn't sound too organized.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-31-2006, 06:44 PM

Good question! I find mine all over the house because my wee one has magical powers and seems to be able to find them wherever I hide them from him.
#3 of 5 Old 08-31-2006, 06:45 PM

How often do you need to access them?

Five ideas:

1. Punch a hole in one corner and attach them all to a metal ring. You can easily see both sides, but there needs to be enough space to punch a hole

2. Store them in a mini photo albumn. You'll have to pull them out to see the back side but its easy in/out, you might have an album lying around, and if not, they're cheap

3. They sell plastic sheets for holding them (8x11). Benefit is you can see both sides but you have to find the time to go and buy one.

4. Organize them into those little plastic credit card holders that come with wallets. Don't know where you'd find them unless you've got a few lying around.

5. Store them in a index card or recipe box. You can alphabetize, easy to find, remove, add more, etc.
#4 of 5 Old 08-31-2006, 06:47 PM

There are clear plastic notebook pages with pockets for business cards. If you don't mind buying something and don't mind plastic, it could work for you.

Here's one made by Avery, you can find them in office supply stores
http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=...alogcode=WEB01

I keep a notebook with product info in it - warranties, instructions, etc. In the front I keep a couple of pages of those business card sheets to store cards from businesses I order from. I also have a sheet in the front of a notebook that I keep household info in - so the piano tuner, a/c repairman, handyman, etc can all be found easily in there.

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
#5 of 5 Old 08-31-2006, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Valian, those are all great ideas! I never would have thought of any. I really like the corner punch/metal ring idea but I don't have a metal ring here (been meaning to buy some for other projects).

Funshine, seeing the plastic pages that you linked made me remember that I had extra hockey card pages laying around (has 9 sections on each page) - I dug out those and put them in my household binder.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page