Just sharing my excitement - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-03-2006, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am finally motivated to get things in order again. I don't have any real rhyme or reason about how to go about it, I'm just sort of winging it.

I have Motivated Moms, I just printed off this week's schedule and I am going to try hard to follow it. It's hard because I get really overwhelmed and I try to do it all at once. Not just the MM stuff, but say I am cleaning the sink. Then I notice that the cabinet fronts are icky. So I clean them. Then I remember that it's been a while since I cleaned out the fridge, so I do that. Then I try to make a grocery list, inventory the cupboards, sort coupons, etc. It snowballs and I get burnt out.

I have been trying to ignore the house and focus on the kids, but I can't relax and enjoy the kids because the house is gross. In order for me to feel "right" my house has to be clean. I can handle toys on the floor and a few dishes in the sink, but I have to know that my drawers and closets are clutter free and organized and that the laundry is done and put away, and that there aren't any dust bunnies and cobwebs hanging around.

I am going to give MM a serious try. I need some sort of schedule for getting things done so that I'm not spend 3 days in a row deep cleaning my entire house, ignoring my children, and eating take-out because I'm too exhausted to cook.

I also really like the idea of living simply and frugally. I may be trying to tackle too many things at once, but I really feel like I need to "just do it", yk?

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi, I will probably be around here quite a bit. Also hoping that posting will solidify my decision to get rid of the crap, organize what's left, and be clean and happy.

treehugger.gif Bex -- Single, hardworking mama to reading.gif DS (11), love.gif DD (7), & flowerkitty.gif Lars (13)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2006, 02:32 PM

Rebekah, I have to say, what a lovely siggie you have! I especially like the twice born a mama part, since in a way our children birth us as much as we birth them.

I just got MM and want to start doing it too. I don't have the problem of not being able to tolerate a messy house, but it seems like life would be a lot easier if I did. What is that they say about the grass always being greener?

Anyway, my plan is to really focus on the MM for 2 weeks to see if I can get myself in the habit of doing it. So I m going to see if I can go without missing a day for this next 14 days.

I can relate to the problem of being too exhausted to get dinner made. For me the challenge is managing my kids in order to be able to get it done. I have a 34mo and an 11mo. One thing I am noticing is that my older child plays on his own better earlier in the day, so I have been trying making dinner, or at least getting most of the prep done, in the morning. I am thinking about even going farther with it and doing some prep the night before (I'm a night person, so this is appealing, plus DP is home then so he can help with caring for our kids if need be).
Old 09-03-2006, 03:19 PM

Hi Ladies! I have been doing Motivated Mom for a week now and wow! Rebekah I am like you in that I am easily overwhelmed and get sidetracked by other things. However, I had my MM sheet and packed it around from room to room. I only did what was on the list for the day. This last week my house has looked so much better than it has since before DD was born last Oct. I am getting better at it now and can get most of the stuff done in the am when DD takes her nap.
However, DH takes care of the cooking
He is also getting into the MM list as well. I have less stress now that I am not looking at a pig sty every day!
Old 09-03-2006, 05:48 PM

Hi!
I know what you mean about needing it to be clean.. I can't relax when things are a mess, I'm just so tense and stressed out. It's weird how much the state of our homes can affect us physically!
I also get distracted like you do.. I have a hard time finishing anything because I always seem to move on to something else. It drives me nuts!
Good luck!

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)

User Tag List