I glued the Playmobil toys together! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 09-24-2006, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ds has the playmobil pirate ship stuff and police stuff. I got so sick of him knocking apart the Police station and pirate ship and asking me to put them back together! I sat up in his playroom with a tube of super glue and DS and I glued together the police station, pirate ship and other various things. We didn't glue hair on the guys or any moving parts. Just stuff that didn't need to come apart. It is so much easier to pick up now. Ds is happy that the roof isn't falling off the police station or the masts of the ship don't fall off when he tries to load up the gang and their booty! Much easier to keep track of and clean up now.

He is getting the firestation and some other pieces for his b-day and x-mas. I plan on gluing them too!

Why don't those darn things stay together anyway?

A friend of mine also glued the Brio train tracks to the train table!

Mom to Zach eat.gif , 2 cat.gif, 1dog2.gif, and a whole lot of goldfish.gif!!!! 
#2 of 15 Old 09-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Banned

I wish I had thought of that!!!! I ended up just throwing peices away and now it'll never be 'whole' again.
#3 of 15 Old 09-24-2006, 03:31 PM

Oooh! Can I glue ds's puzzle pieces in the puzzle? I am so tired of putting those things back.

Just kidding! I have not yet had the joy of owning any Playmobil stuff, but if we ever do I will remember what to do with it! Sounds like a great idea.

Proud mom to superhero.gifds2 (7/05), angel2.gif ds 1 (born into heaven at 38 weeks 11/03), and 5 more angels angel.gif (4/02) angel.gif (7/10) angel.gifangel.gif (11/10) angel.gif (11/12)

#4 of 15 Old 09-24-2006, 03:42 PM

That is absolutely hilarious!

Mama to A 8/05 and S 11/06
#5 of 15 Old 09-24-2006, 07:27 PM

Been thinking of doing this with the train track myself...thanks for making it not seem so crazy....:
#6 of 15 Old 09-24-2006, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamababamba View Post
Been thinking of doing this with the train track myself...thanks for making it not seem so crazy....:
I haven't done it yet, but I heard you can use hot glue and then peel it apart and remove it if you want it apart in the future.
#7 of 15 Old 09-24-2006, 08:54 PM

We did that, too. Not with a whole set, or anything, but with a few of his favorite Playmobile people. He hated that he kept losing the little pieces (like the mermaid's necklace and crown), so I glued them on for him. Easy fix, happy kiddo.
#8 of 15 Old 09-24-2006, 10:13 PM

We screwed the track in a nice loop to our 'fake' train table (an old wooden coffee table). Works great!

We don't have any big playmobil sets, but that's a great idea!

Mom to DD1 (11/1999),  DD2 (07/2003), and DS (11/2012), all born at home and cloth diapered. 

#9 of 15 Old 09-25-2006, 04:03 PM

hat a great idea! e have the Viking set and I wish it were glued together : Now for all the LEGO: : : :

Crazed life-learning Mom to DS 1 Augustus (02/00) and DS 2 Ben (08/05). Love my DH Tony . Full house 5 11 found our "purrfect". Lovin' life!!!!
#10 of 15 Old 09-26-2006, 07:29 PM

I have never owned a Playmobile set and didn't realize it needed to be assembled. I've only seen it in catalogs and thought it came as whole pieces.
#11 of 15 Old 09-27-2006, 03:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Cool! I used a hot glue gun to glue a very annoying plastic castle set. It was so solid that it became a much loved sand toy. Now, two years later, the glue is kind of cracking and coming off ... so I guess it's possible to take it all apart if wanted. I plan on getting at it with some more glue soon! (I also use hot glue guns to hem stuff sometimes ... )

peace,
teastaigh
#12 of 15 Old 09-27-2006, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulfaith View Post
That is absolutely hilarious!
:
#13 of 15 Old 09-30-2006, 02:36 PM

Another good thing to do with Playmobil is put all extra pieces (those little yellow and red things that help things fit together) in a little baggie and tape it to the instructions. I keep all these instruction booklets in a shoebox so if something needs to be put together again and we can't figure it out, we have the original booklet.
#14 of 15 Old 10-01-2006, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just wanted to say gluing the train tracks down sounds like a bummer. Half the fun once they get a bit older (3 1/2, 4+) is rearranging the tracks in new configurations. Can it make for chaos? Yes. But it's also fun.

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#15 of 15 Old 10-03-2006, 09:44 PM

Gluing the pieces of the Brio suspension bridge together was a positively liberating moment in my life! Ahhhhhh!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page