Compacting Mommas? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 461 Old 10-13-2006, 02:58 PM
 
celestialdreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmaze View Post
What about fabric? I am still trying to get off paper and want to get some more flannel for ktichen wipe up towels. I thought about using my old flannel sheets, but, they are really ugly, and part of my motivation for going off paper products (and being motivated to do more laundry)is the beauty of the fabrics i got to pick out.

What do you guys think?
What about looking on freecycle? DD and I are switching to cloth TP and my first post on my blog after writing that I was joining the Compact, was about what kind of cloth wipes I was looking to possibly buy. Honestly for my kitchen, the "wipe up" spill kinda towel are just old washcloths or microfiber cloths. Nothing fancy! I have pretty kitchen towels, but I don't think of those as the same. What if you put out an ISO on the TP or freecycle for kitchen towels and then cut them into the sizes you want and hem the edges? They could be very nice, and you would be recycling. Honestly if you think you want to buy some sort of raw material to *make* something that does not violate the Compact in my mind. I'm still buying yarn to make specific projects (not to add to a stash) but will always try to find a way to trade for it first.

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

celestialdreamer is offline  
#62 of 461 Old 10-13-2006, 03:13 PM
 
kathirynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Courageously slaying my own dragons
Posts: 1,574
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Compact pledge says, "Excepting only those things needed for work and the health and safety of my family, I pledge not to buy new."

I think cloth for wipes would fit under this exception. They are for hygenic purposes, after all. (And I'm pretty certain that the Compacters who use paper loo roll will be buying that new! )

Visit www.evolutiontosimplicity.blogspot.com to follow my epic saga of single mummahood....

 

kathirynne is offline  
#63 of 461 Old 10-13-2006, 03:18 PM
 
celestialdreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathirynne View Post
My Compact pledge says, "Excepting only those things needed for work and the health and safety of my family, I pledge not to buy new."

I think cloth for wipes would fit under this exception. They are for hygenic purposes, after all. (And I'm pretty certain that the Compacters who use paper loo roll will be buying that new! )
Yeah, I thought about it from that perspective, but then realized I have TONS of fabric sitting around here. I also have a massive collection of washcloths that I once bought on sale for 99cents each. The point is I know I can reuse something I already have, but my instinct was to try to buy something new

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

celestialdreamer is offline  
#64 of 461 Old 10-13-2006, 03:24 PM
 
Delight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Mountains of Montana
Posts: 893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialdreamer View Post
Yeah, I thought about it from that perspective, but then realized I have TONS of fabric sitting around here. I also have a massive collection of washcloths that I once bought on sale for 99cents each. The point is I know I can reuse something I already have, but my instinct was to try to buy something new
Old T-shirts cut up are the BEST cloth wipes for TP ... so soft. Flannel is nice. You can use tons of different "old" things. I use socks without a mate to dust and clean.

Sara ::: Mama to Bella Grace & Lucy Mae Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. 1 Peter 3:4
Delight is offline  
#65 of 461 Old 10-13-2006, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter
 
snowbunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Mountains
Posts: 1,593
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think that food--even dining out--and craft items (i.e. raw materials that can be made into something else like wood, cloth, wool) are exempt from the the compact unless of course you want to provide restrictions on them for yourself. Kinda like they're optional, not mandatory. Or at least that's how several seasoned compacters informed me when I asked the question on the Yahoo! Group ...

I blog traditional foods and Weston A Price at Nourished Kitchen. See my healthy recipes.
snowbunny is offline  
#66 of 461 Old 10-13-2006, 03:31 PM
 
CountrylivinmomtoB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In a small house on 6 acres in PA
Posts: 604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was directed to this thread by Delight (sara) and I'm so glad I read it!
Can I be on board too?? I totally love this!
It's quite funny because on the way to Goodwill today to drop off more stuff from decluttering my home, I realized it was "Fall cleanup", meaning everyone puts stuff out by the end of the street that they don't want anymore. Most of the time it's junk and since I'm decluttering I wasn't going to even pay attention till I came to a stopsign and sitting beside me was this old highchair from way back when! It was missing the tray but we really needed a booster seat since our highchair won't fit at the table and she wants to be a "big girl" and sit at the table, but still too short to sit on a chair by herself! So I was like wow, this seems shorter and I bet it will work, It's free and I won't need to buy her a seat. I'm going to sand it down and repaint it and poof, free, nice, antique awesome chair (i'll have to post a picture someday!) They also had a laundry bin- a white one/kind of wicker...we needed a kitchen trash can (we've never had one)...so I am going to convert that into a kitchen trash can! So I got two things I've needed, for free! Then I come home and read this thread and was like WOW, I really need to jump on board! I'm going to talk to hubby tonight and see if he'll get on board too!

********Oh, as for christmas gifts for adults...What we did last year was Make footprints of my daughter's feet and then put ribbon through them for ornaments, and then made homemade frames and put a cute picture of her in it for all of the relatives and friends! Just an idea! You can do handprints too. This year we are going to do handprints (last year she wouldn't get her hand still!) Not sure what else we'll do yet... but everyone loved the idea of it and all her grandma's has her footprint hanging in their living room on the wall...it's just the cutest thing ever!!************


You ladies are the greatest! I so love MDC!!!

Erica
CountrylivinmomtoB is offline  
#67 of 461 Old 10-13-2006, 03:47 PM
 
Aguazul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: wherever life takes me
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That is so cool, Erica! We don't have anything like that here...the only things you're allowed to put at the curb are the city-issued garbage cans (and unfortunately, I don't see any freecycle groups in our area, either). I look forward to a picture of the high chair--how awesome!
Aguazul is offline  
#68 of 461 Old 10-13-2006, 03:56 PM
 
celestialdreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbunny View Post
I think that food--even dining out--and craft items (i.e. raw materials that can be made into something else like wood, cloth, wool) are exempt from the the compact unless of course you want to provide restrictions on them for yourself. Kinda like they're optional, not mandatory. Or at least that's how several seasoned compacters informed me when I asked the question on the Yahoo! Group ...
I need the crafting restrictions :

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

celestialdreamer is offline  
#69 of 461 Old 10-13-2006, 04:12 PM
 
cdmaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The mountains of California
Posts: 705
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialdreamer View Post
I need the crafting restrictions :
Me too

I just assumed that with Freecycle- we we're too far awy- but it turns out alot of people nearby use it! I'll check it out. DH actually looked into it and wants to start trying it!
cdmaze is offline  
#70 of 461 Old 10-13-2006, 04:14 PM
 
momaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I'm joining you, with the stipulation that home remodel costs aren't included! I started a blog, but have never blogged before and it's rather dull! Here it is.

So another question on buying: I want to switch to a Diva Cup. This goes under health and safety and is a-okay on the rules, right?
momaste is offline  
#71 of 461 Old 10-13-2006, 04:24 PM
 
Aguazul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: wherever life takes me
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaste View Post
Okay, I'm joining you, with the stipulation that home remodel costs aren't included! I started a blog, but have never blogged before and it's rather dull! Here it is.

So another question on buying: I want to switch to a Diva Cup. This goes under health and safety and is a-okay on the rules, right?
That's great!!! I'm so excited about doing this.

I'd say the Diva Cup is perfectly okay and would be allowed under health and safety. I am switching over to mama cloth and don't know how to sew, so I will be buying some of those for sure.
Aguazul is offline  
#72 of 461 Old 10-13-2006, 06:15 PM
 
Delight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Mountains of Montana
Posts: 893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountrylivinmomtoB View Post
So I got two things I've needed, for free! Then I come home and read this thread and was like WOW, I really need to jump on board! I'm going to talk to hubby tonight and see if he'll get on board too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaste View Post
Okay, I'm joining you, with the stipulation that home remodel costs aren't included! I started a blog, but have never blogged before and it's rather dull! Here it is.

So another question on buying: I want to switch to a Diva Cup. This goes under health and safety and is a-okay on the rules, right?
Yay! Another one joining! Diva cup...for sure. I just bought one a few months ago and then lost it in the move before I could even use it!! I need to search.

Just a thought...I think it's good to remember that there really aren't any "Compact Police". You are basically making your own exceptions to the general "rules"...and I think you know when it's something that you wouldn't "allow". Just be wise and don't beat yourself up about the nit-picky things. You're already making such a huge difference. Congrats to everyone.

Sara ::: Mama to Bella Grace & Lucy Mae Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. 1 Peter 3:4
Delight is offline  
#73 of 461 Old 10-13-2006, 06:42 PM
 
celestialdreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so thrilled that there is a group of us doing this together on here! This will be great support. I am also planning on using my blog to keep myself in line.

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

celestialdreamer is offline  
#74 of 461 Old 10-13-2006, 07:42 PM
 
momaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH thinks it's a nice idea for me, but isn't interested in participating. He owns his own business and there are a lot of associated costs, and a lot of waste (it's construction related.) We talked about him just being more mindful of purchases and trying to find a way to use less, or reuse. He's thinking about it now at least.

I recently stocked up on paper towels and am considering switching to cloth. I'll have to buy cloth napkins. I don't even have any! Same with feminine hygeine products - I want to switch, but just bought the Costco-sized packages. And diapers. We just switched to cloth and I'm happy with that, but I bought a Costco box of diapers and have used some, so I can't return it. I've been using them for overnights right now, until we run out, then I'll do cloth exclusively. Cleaning products are the same way - we have Swiffer refills and Clorox wipes. I think I'm going to Freecycle those.

I feel like I was just hit in the head one day in my disposable life and realized, hey, what am I doing? Look at all the money I'm throwing away. Look at all the waste. I can do better than this. So here I am.
momaste is offline  
#75 of 461 Old 10-13-2006, 07:47 PM
 
Aguazul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: wherever life takes me
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Momaste, if you're able to switch over to cloth right now, you could always donate those large packages of disposable items to a homeless ministry or women's shelter. Those kinds of things are always needed.
Aguazul is offline  
#76 of 461 Old 10-13-2006, 08:11 PM
 
Delight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Mountains of Montana
Posts: 893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaste View Post
DH thinks it's a nice idea for me, but isn't interested in participating. He owns his own business and there are a lot of associated costs, and a lot of waste (it's construction related.)
There is an exception in the "rules" about any work related expenses...just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguazul View Post
Momaste, if you're able to switch over to cloth right now, you could always donate those large packages of disposable items to a homeless ministry or women's shelter. Those kinds of things are always needed.
I agree...for me, I always do better when I just go gung ho and start right away I'm sure a shelter would LOVE to have those items.

Sara ::: Mama to Bella Grace & Lucy Mae Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. 1 Peter 3:4
Delight is offline  
#77 of 461 Old 10-13-2006, 08:22 PM
 
celestialdreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,746
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delight View Post
I agree...for me, I always do better when I just go gung ho and start right away I'm sure a shelter would LOVE to have those items.
I am the same way, I have to just jump on in or I will talk myself out of it. Sometimes I end up being a little overly strict on myself though too, so I am trying to be realistic.

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

celestialdreamer is offline  
#78 of 461 Old 10-13-2006, 09:58 PM
 
momaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm taking a bunch of clothes to the local shelter. I'll add the feminine hygeine supplies while I'm at it. I'm thinking of keeping the paper towels for DH's work - he uses them when the project is oily or greasy. And DH isn't comfortable with cloth diapers at night yet, but I'm sure that if the sposies were suddenly gone, we'd make do.
momaste is offline  
#79 of 461 Old 10-14-2006, 01:30 AM
 
indiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The land of Nod
Posts: 2,998
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow. This is an amazing idea. I need to mull it over. It's pretty captivating, I must admit.

Jesse
indiegirl is offline  
#80 of 461 Old 10-14-2006, 04:09 AM
 
Aguazul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: wherever life takes me
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I talked this over again tonight with DH and he says that he is on board! So, we are both going to be compacting! Now, I'm a little doubtful that he will actual make it the entire year, but he says that he likes the idea and is commiting himself to it! I'm so glad you've given me such encouragement here...otherwise I probably would not have even considered doing this.
Aguazul is offline  
#81 of 461 Old 10-14-2006, 02:15 PM
 
momaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm committing myself through November. I don't feel like I can Compact Christmas yet - next year - so I'm going to buy presents in December, but am going to try to stay minimal, make it myself, and buy used as much as I can. I need some time to spring the whole idea on my extended family!
momaste is offline  
#82 of 461 Old 10-14-2006, 03:13 PM
 
Delight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Mountains of Montana
Posts: 893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaste View Post
I'm committing myself through November. I don't feel like I can Compact Christmas yet - next year - so I'm going to buy presents in December, but am going to try to stay minimal, make it myself, and buy used as much as I can. I need some time to spring the whole idea on my extended family!
You could still join for a year...with the exception of Christmas! Just come back after the season is over. Every little bit helps, right?

Sara ::: Mama to Bella Grace & Lucy Mae Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. 1 Peter 3:4
Delight is offline  
#83 of 461 Old 10-14-2006, 03:56 PM
 
Mom2Wilmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am really really thinking about this. At my women's group at church we have been talking a lot about simplicity over the past year and have really been focused on it. I feel as if in the past couple of weekes I have finally "gotten it" and agree that compacting is a great way to go. It will be great for the planet and for our finances!! I'm not signing up yet but I am really really thinking about it. Christmas shouldn't be a problem because we are doing the heifer project international as gifts this year. Keep on inspiring me ladies!!
Mom2Wilmo is offline  
#84 of 461 Old 10-14-2006, 04:43 PM
 
momaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted about not Compacting our remodel. Well, I may have found a way to do it! I found a bathroom vanity on Craigslist that had been installed in a new home, but the owners replaced it to suit their style. It's much nicer than ours, and has never been used. Instead of the $400 we were looking at new, this is just $65. We're picking it up tomorrow. We'll still need a bathtub, counter top and sink, but the vanity is taken care of. I think I can find a bathtub and sink on Craigslist.

Next to the kitchen. I found this ad and contacted the owners about buying the display model kitchen. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/hsh/217314927.html I'm hopeful that this will work out, since we were going to buy new at IKEA but this is the same price for higher quality, pre-assembled, and ready to go. Plus, it would fit nicely in our kitchen. We'll still need a countertop. We're going to see it tomorrow.

I found a warehouse near us that sells seconds of granite - the pieces leftover from big projects. Since our kitchen is not very large, we can probably get granite that will fit the space here.

People sell their flooring seconds on Craigslist too, and my dad does installation, so I've been watching for tile and such. I already bought leftover slate tiles for an outdoor project - I intended to use them in the bathroom but they're too rough.

This has really given me the motivation to seek out other options, and they're turning into BETTER options!
momaste is offline  
#85 of 461 Old 10-14-2006, 05:13 PM
 
Delight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Mountains of Montana
Posts: 893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaste View Post
I posted about not Compacting our remodel. Well, I may have found a way to do it! I found a bathroom vanity on Craigslist that had been installed in a new home, but the owners replaced it to suit their style. It's much nicer than ours, and has never been used. Instead of the $400 we were looking at new, this is just $65. We're picking it up tomorrow. We'll still need a bathtub, counter top and sink, but the vanity is taken care of. I think I can find a bathtub and sink on Craigslist.

Next to the kitchen. I found this ad and contacted the owners about buying the display model kitchen. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/hsh/217314927.html I'm hopeful that this will work out, since we were going to buy new at IKEA but this is the same price for higher quality, pre-assembled, and ready to go. Plus, it would fit nicely in our kitchen. We'll still need a countertop. We're going to see it tomorrow.

I found a warehouse near us that sells seconds of granite - the pieces leftover from big projects. Since our kitchen is not very large, we can probably get granite that will fit the space here.

People sell their flooring seconds on Craigslist too, and my dad does installation, so I've been watching for tile and such. I already bought leftover slate tiles for an outdoor project - I intended to use them in the bathroom but they're too rough.

This has really given me the motivation to seek out other options, and they're turning into BETTER options!
Wow!! You've been busy! That is AWESOME. I have found the same thing happening...that it's helping me to think about all of these other ways to "acquire" something. It's such a fun process...

Sara ::: Mama to Bella Grace & Lucy Mae Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. 1 Peter 3:4
Delight is offline  
#86 of 461 Old 10-14-2006, 06:29 PM
 
litlwons's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: On a planet called Earth
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is so great!

Thank you for answering my questions about the plants. I am in, and I will try and do as many "cuttings" for new plants as possible. I will try and plant a lot of edibles.
My DH is on board!
I am trying to set up a blog, but I am a little computer illiterate: , so it isn't so good. It will keep me more honest though.

You all are such an inspiration!

Question: What about my DS1, he gets an allowance and likes to buy his Lego with it. He gets why we are doing this... but I don't think I can convince him not to buy Lego with his money for a year. i guess it is my compact, not his....???

Kathleen

Crazed life-learning Mom to DS 1 Augustus (02/00) and DS 2 Ben (08/05). Love my DH Tony . Full house 5 11 found our "purrfect". Lovin' life!!!!
litlwons is offline  
#87 of 461 Old 10-14-2006, 10:12 PM
 
CountrylivinmomtoB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In a small house on 6 acres in PA
Posts: 604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey!

Just wanted to say that DH is going to do it with me too, and I'm going to try to get some relatives in on it too.

Question though: Can you only access the trading post here on MDC if you've been a member for awhile? We have some gift cards to Toys R Us and Linen and Things that I was thinking of trying to barter for some play silks or something we could really use... If anyone knows that would be great!
CountrylivinmomtoB is offline  
#88 of 461 Old 10-14-2006, 10:25 PM
 
Delight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Mountains of Montana
Posts: 893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountrylivinmomtoB View Post
Question though: Can you only access the trading post here on MDC if you've been a member for awhile? We have some gift cards to Toys R Us and Linen and Things that I was thinking of trying to barter for some play silks or something we could really use... If anyone knows that would be great!
Yes...this is what the guidelines say:
You must meet the criteria of being a registered member for more than 60 days and have posted a minimum of 50 posts to the MDC boards before you may post to sell or arrange a swap or co-op.

Sara ::: Mama to Bella Grace & Lucy Mae Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. 1 Peter 3:4
Delight is offline  
#89 of 461 Old 10-14-2006, 11:20 PM
 
momaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The kitchen was sold but we'll keep looking on Craigslist, since I'm sure we'll find something else that would fit for us.
momaste is offline  
#90 of 461 Old 10-15-2006, 12:36 AM
 
earthchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm subbing for the inspiration. I'm not emotionally ready to Compact yet, but I've been sooo inspired by Consumer Disobedience and Walk Slowly, Live Wildly. I'm going to hang out here, too, and hope your Compacting ways can rub off on me.
earthchick is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off