Come join the November 500 Items Decluttering Challenge!!! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 312 Old 11-29-2006, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 312 Old 11-30-2006, 06:07 PM

Yay! The last day of the month and I get a last minute tally update!

A small sampling of what went out today:

A yucky old broken desk chair
A yucky old crib mattress. (It was 17 years old. I think it was time to put it "out to pasture")
Multitudes of assorted crapola from drawers and such.
A garbage bag full of Dh's old video and audio tapes. Many of which were really old and had no labeling whatsoever on them...
A big box of assorted tshirts, pants, sweatshirts, purses etc to VVA
A really big box of assorted office stuff to VVA - an old but working printer, shredder and video game thingy for the computer, a package of too small swim diapers, books...

Estimated total 75

Which makes my final November total 605

Sweet!

I'm going to continue next month. I'm going to try for 1500 by January 1st. Anyone wanna join me?
#303 of 312 Old 12-01-2006, 02:46 PM

I stopped counting since I was 7 items away from 500, and then did a mass clean of the office, so I went over. THANKS for starting this thread, and thanks for all the inspiration! Let's do it again in January!!!

mama to DS 9 and DD 5 and
#304 of 312 Old 12-01-2006, 02:50 PM

Failed. Lost my motivation. Sigh.

treehugger.gif Bex -- Single, hardworking mama to reading.gif DS (11), love.gif DD (7), & flowerkitty.gif Lars (13)
#305 of 312 Old 12-01-2006, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bex80 View Post
229/500 is not failing. That is a couple hundred items that are out of your life forever. You never have to look at them, clean them (or around them), move them, or think about them ever again. It's quite an accomplishment.
#306 of 312 Old 12-01-2006, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bex80 View Post
ITA that this is not failure. I knew at the outset that 500 was setting the bar high, for me at least. I think I ended up getting around 270 things out before Thanksgiving and the baby getting sick ("a touch of pneumonia" ) derailed me totally. But I'm getting on the New Year's challenge train and full steam ahead.

Personally, I think if you had gotten rid of 5 things you never need again but wouldn't otherwise have been motivated to toss, you did great

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#307 of 312 Old 12-01-2006, 03:59 PM

Yeah that! !!!

mama to DS 9 and DD 5 and
#308 of 312 Old 12-01-2006, 05:07 PM

Whoops! Didn't mean to use such a heavy word as "failed".

I am more than making up for it, today I have purged my bins of clothes. (thanks for the motivation, G!) There's 40 in clothes and 15 in old magazines. I will unofficially keep my tally in my sig. You guys are right on, just as long as the krap is getting out of my house, that's all that matters.

treehugger.gif Bex -- Single, hardworking mama to reading.gif DS (11), love.gif DD (7), & flowerkitty.gif Lars (13)
#309 of 312 Old 12-11-2006, 01:43 PM

I forgot to post but

I DID IT!! The second to the last day of the month I took a huge load to the 2nd hand store. It pushed me over 500. Thanks ladies for putting me up to it!!
#310 of 312 Old 12-14-2006, 09:09 PM

We're in!

Christy wash.gif Mom to DS 4/21/04 reading.gif DD 9/20/09  dust.gif DD 7/2/11jog.gif

#311 of 312 Old 12-20-2006, 03:08 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
:

I don't remember seeing this thread before.

I just decluttered an entire room. I threw away and gave away TONS of stuff. Not in the hundreds of items but easily in the thousands of items. I cannot even count.

I still have another room to go, but that will wait until after Christmas. Now I am just going to try to put the rest of our home together. I stopped even basic home maintenance like dishes and laundry for three days just to get this huge mess out of our house.

It's thrilling and addictive. I get a huge rush when I take a minivan packed with junk and dump it off. I feel a surge of joy when the trashcans won't close without bricks stacked on top of the lids.
#312 of 312 Old 12-20-2006, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inezyv View Post
:

I don't remember seeing this thread before.

I just decluttered an entire room. I threw away and gave away TONS of stuff. Not in the hundreds of items but easily in the thousands of items. I cannot even count.

I still have another room to go, but that will wait until after Christmas. Now I am just going to try to put the rest of our home together. I stopped even basic home maintenance like dishes and laundry for three days just to get this huge mess out of our house.

It's thrilling and addictive. I get a huge rush when I take a minivan packed with junk and dump it off. I feel a surge of joy when the trashcans won't close without bricks stacked on top of the lids.
Excellent! Except you might want to post this in the December thread:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?p=6801993

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page