I got rid of all my nonstick cookware! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 12-21-2006, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lat year I bought ONE Le Creuset skillet, the 10" one I think, it was about $80, but in that entire year of use there hasn't beenone thing wrong w/ it! I use it every morning to fry eggs in, and they never stick! It is also enameled so I can use it on my glass top stove. IMO, it was worth the money! I got rid of *almost* all my non-stick stuff. I still need to replace my muffin tins, and I need to get rid of my griddle thingy. I heard that in February Pampered CHef stoneware was going to be 20% off, so I am planning to do an e-show at that time to get some new stoneware!
#32 of 39 Old 12-22-2006, 03:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbandj View Post
rosie29, let me know if you like cooking eggs with the nonstick spray--I might have to go and get some if that makes them slide out of the pan. I have a terrible habit of inhaling the vapors of the spray by accident so I don't have any in my kitchen, LOL.
Liane
I quit using Pam spray because it always burned. Yes, the oil. If I sprayed my muffin tins the oil would burn and make the bottom of the muffins all burnt tasting. I can use coconut oil and it works a thousand times better - except for having to smear it on by hand. I inhaled it too. It's also a "bad" oil so I threw mine out (though I can't recall which kind it was, probably corn oil)
#33 of 39 Old 12-27-2006, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbandj View Post
rosie29, let me know if you like cooking eggs with the nonstick spray--I might have to go and get some if that makes them slide out of the pan. I have a terrible habit of inhaling the vapors of the spray by accident so I don't have any in my kitchen, LOL.
Liane
Liane,
Well, I tried cooking eggs in it this morning, and the Pam spray didn't seem to do a bit of good. However, I scraped the eggs off with a scraper similar to these and it cleaned up without too much trouble.

Nice pan though! DH was happy with it (Christmas gift), and I'm glad to throw away the old Teflon pan.
#34 of 39 Old 12-28-2006, 02:08 AM

Oh neat! They are so cute too. I'll have to get those when I order the Christmas book that I hinted at but did not receive, LOL.
Liane
#35 of 39 Old 12-28-2006, 06:50 AM

I love the Emeril All-Clad. I bought the whole set about a year ago and they are fantastic. My daughter cooks eggs in them every morning. About two Tbsp of butter, melt and stir around, then crack in the eggs, then mix up! She can even get down the plate now and put the eggs out of the pan. I wash it for her - put hot water in right away and scrub for a couple of minutes with a nylon scrubby (gently) then put in the dishwasher. It looks brand new still.

Did I mention my daughter just turned three?
#36 of 39 Old 12-29-2006, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyElephant View Post
Did I mention my daughter just turned three?
Three! Wow- what a big girl! Aren't you worried about her burning herself?
#37 of 39 Old 12-29-2006, 03:29 PM

No - she knows it hot and doesn't touch. We have a flat top range so you can feel the heat radiating out and you'd have to reach underneath to burn yourself. I'm only a foot or so away, making espresso. She's been doing this for at least six months. :
#38 of 39 Old 12-30-2006, 04:56 PM

I have a non-stick omlette pan (small). It's SO nice to be able to cook eggs (at low heat) and then just slide them onto the plate! The rest of my cookware is just plain Farberware stainless steel, but I'm going to keep this pan for eggs, which I eat a lot of.

I can't cook eggs in stainless steel either! Regardless of how much butter I use, I always end up scraping the eggs onto the plate.

lady.gif
#39 of 39 Old 12-31-2006, 01:21 AM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page