How will I ever get it done?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-21-2006, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 2 year old dd and then I keep my 6 month old niece during the day and don't get home from my folks til between 7:30 and 8 at night. So I have to figure out how to get the 6 month old to play some and let me put her down because my house looks like it was hit by a tornado. I doesn't matter if I am trying to do things and she is sitting right beside me while I do it, if I am not holding her it is not good enough. The child won't nap when she is here other than for 10-15 minutes at a time, dd won't nap when the 6 month old is here because she fusses and wakes the 6 month old and it drives me crazy so I am giving up and she can nap on the days it is just her and mommy and on the other days I get to deal with a crabby wonder in the evenings.
I have to be able to wash, dry and put away laundry, I have to be able to put toys and vacuum and pick up in general. I can't live like this anymore.

Any suggestions? She is just MAD, but I can't handle listening to her cry or fuss so I have to hold her. But I am 22 weeks pregnant and I can't carry her all the time as my hip keeps going out of place as it is and I am too tired all the time when I don't have her anyways. I have to figure it out, so how do YOU do it??
#2 of 2 Old 11-21-2006, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel your pain! I remember those days. My daughters are 2 years apart and it was not easy getting it all together. So I stopped trying! I had to stop doing thing as if I had one child or no children. I had to play around with different schedules and different ways of getting things done.

For me, I cleaned at night. I would do my best to keep things tidy while the kids were up, but I did not stress about cleaning until I put them down. I also used sitters and friends to watch them once a week so that I could do a major overhaul. It varied, week by week. There was no such thing as a "set routine."

What may help is to let go of your judgement of what "should" be done. You are in a transitional phase in life, and the most important thing for now is to flow with each situation, believe me, it will not last, before long you will find a system that works. Think creatively, I put the baby in a stroller in the house as I cleaned, and rolled her around from room to room, it worked like a charm. Oh the many mountains I had to climb during those days.

It will pass mama! Take it one day at a time!

Many Blessings, Coach K!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page