just a vent.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-22-2006, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been trying to declutter, but over the past year I've been going to school fulltime & completing an internship, so there is soooooo much crap still around. I just had major electrical work done & was totally embarassed by how much crap there is. My mother was here with the workers one day while I was at work so she sees how much stuff is around, that it's unmanageable & I'm frustrated.

So yesterday she decides to bring an early Christmas present over to dd...a huge Christmas village light up thing. There is no room, especailly since the elecricians are still working. I hate tchochke stuff to begin with & now she'll constantly ask dd about her village : She'll also probably want to add to it every year now (dd is only 4).

I hate to seem ungrateful but it's the last thing I need : . It just seems like everytime I unload a bunch of stuff, she has something for me or dd to take it's place. And I wish I could talk to her. She was insulted last night because I didn't want to take a bunch of broccoli home (she's going away this morning) because I wouldn't use it & it would just go bad. It's just too hectic right now.

It seems so petty, but I'm so frustrated. It does feel better to get it off my chest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2006, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you have to keep it can you get a Rubbermaid tote to keep it in and then only get it out once a year. For the shortest time possible

I KWYM about no space. I have no real space to display stuff either. I use the fireplace mantel for seasonal stuff. It's the only space I have.

Could you clear one are temporarily? I know it's a huge PITA

User Tag List