how do you declutter on bedrest? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-26-2006, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my small apt is seriously out of control. well im sure its not THAT bad, but its out of MY control.

we have too many clothes, or i dont know how to manage them. we are overrun with things i could do better selling on ebay or a garage sale. i simply need to declutter, but im not in the best shape right now to tackle all of this on my own.

im 15 wks pg, high risk and on modified activity, coming off 7 weeks of total bedrest. im not allowed to lift, carry, or anything that is more than 15lbs. not supposed to be doing the stairs(so no laundry, as ours is in the basebent-but i do this anyway sometimes) and basically if i get cramps i am supposed to go back to complete pelvic rest with my legs up. ill do what it takes to get through this with a healthy baby-but i really need to get my house in order. my partner is picking up the slack(trying) workwise, so hes not really around or able to help much-though he does quite a bit.

i really need to streamline the house so i can
1. get rid of the excess
2. make room for baby
3. sell the excess so i have money for baby/to supplement me not being able to work
4. be able to manage my hosue clutter/mess and not be always aggravated with my kids for not having a house thats not a wreck

any ideas? typing it all out it seems like i simply have no way to get it done till after the baby comes-but i cant leave this till JUNE!

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
#2 of 2 Old 12-26-2006, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedmamajama View Post
my small apt is seriously out of control. well im sure its not THAT bad, but its out of MY control.

we have too many clothes, or i dont know how to manage them. we are overrun with things i could do better selling on ebay or a garage sale. i simply need to declutter, but im not in the best shape right now to tackle all of this on my own.

im 15 wks pg, high risk and on modified activity, coming off 7 weeks of total bedrest. im not allowed to lift, carry, or anything that is more than 15lbs. not supposed to be doing the stairs(so no laundry, as ours is in the basebent-but i do this anyway sometimes) and basically if i get cramps i am supposed to go back to complete pelvic rest with my legs up. ill do what it takes to get through this with a healthy baby-but i really need to get my house in order. my partner is picking up the slack(trying) workwise, so hes not really around or able to help much-though he does quite a bit.

i really need to streamline the house so i can
1. get rid of the excess
2. make room for baby
3. sell the excess so i have money for baby/to supplement me not being able to work
4. be able to manage my hosue clutter/mess and not be always aggravated with my kids for not having a house thats not a wreck

any ideas? typing it all out it seems like i simply have no way to get it done till after the baby comes-but i cant leave this till JUNE!
How much can you sit up, or lay on your side? Can you lean over much when sitting up?

If you're able to do both:

Sitting up (on sofa or bed): Have your SO put a bunch of clothes into laundry basket. Have SO put basket on sofa/bed next to you. Then, while you're sitting down, go through basket. Put "get rid of" pile on floor. Put "keeps" back into basket. SO puts "get rid of" pile into trash bag to be given away to friend/thrift store. "Keeps" are put back where they belong.

Laying on your side on sofa: Have the basket of clothes put on the floor next to the end of the sofa where your upper body is. Just reach over the edge and go through the basket. Throw the "get rid of" items into a pile (see above). "Keeps" stay into the basket.

You could also use this method to sort through papers and shred them. Sort through a big pile then shred all that can be.

For the kitchen, or living room, you can simply sit on a chair, and your SO can sort through a cabinet, etc., showing you items, and you can say "keep" or "pitch."

Perhaps a friend could help you with this, instead of SO? While it might be nice for you to Ebay things, you are not up to that. You sound like you need AND want this stuff to be gone - NOW! If I was near you, I'd come over and help (I love doing this sort of thing!). You are not in the health to be Ebaying this stuff - and shipping, etc.

Are your other children old enough to be able to help you with this?

HTH.

Tradd :

lady.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page