Motivated Moms 2007! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 150 Old 01-29-2007, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Clean out the freezer!! : You can't throw that at me on a Monday! Give me a few days notice so I can plan some freezer meals! Geez. Not a chance today - I'm planning for Thursday. Then I'll reward myself with a trip to Trader Joe's on the weekend to fill it back up.

phatui5 - Look at all of those DONEs!! Woohoo!

EviesMom - That's awesome that you were able to do the whole bathroom!

I love that everyone is doing so well! We rock!
#122 of 150 Old 01-29-2007, 07:05 PM

Over the weekend, we had a lot of stuff going on, and I completely neglected to open my MM folder for 3-4 days. But guess what! I cleaned my toilet, cleaned the mirrors, vacuumed in the living room, office, kids' room, and master bedroom, listed 2 bags worth of clothing on the trading post, threw away (I'm embarrassed to admit) 5 bags of trash, organized the shelf in the bathroom, decluttered and organized in the master bedroom, and implemented a new storage system for the kids' clothing (which is working great so far btw!). I'm so proud of myself right now that I was able to do all those things without even looking at my folder - I did it just for myself, not because I felt guilted into making checkmarks next to all my chores.

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#123 of 150 Old 01-30-2007, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

I cleaned out my freezer today. We've lived here for 4 years and I'm pretty sure this was the first time. :

I really like Motivated Moms for those types of chores. I don't need reminding to do dishes or clean toilets; it's the things that I don't think about that get neglected. So even though I clean my fridge every few months or so, I'd never cleaned the freezer. I may have thought about it, but seeing it on the schedule got me to actually *do* it. It really wasn't that bad after all.

I'm starting to feel like June Cleaver with all of the housework I've been doing.

nova22 - I saw your other threads and it sounds like you're on a major roll! Your house must look awesome!
#124 of 150 Old 01-30-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
I cleaned out my freezer today. We've lived here for 4 years and I'm pretty sure this was the first time. :

I really like Motivated Moms for those types of chores. I don't need reminding to do dishes or clean toilets; it's the things that I don't think about that get neglected. So even though I clean my fridge every few months or so, I'd never cleaned the freezer. I may have thought about it, but seeing it on the schedule got me to actually *do* it. It really wasn't that bad after all.

I'm starting to feel like June Cleaver with all of the housework I've been doing.

nova22 - I saw your other threads and it sounds like you're on a major roll! Your house must look awesome!
ITA ~ I remember thinking, "huh, the ceiling fan IS dusty, why didn't I clean that before?!"

As for that last part...I'll just keep lettingyou think the house looks awesome. It's certainly come a long way but we still have a long way to go, too. It can be frustrating because it's not MY house.

#125 of 150 Old 01-31-2007, 04:18 AM

I just downloaded it! This looks great! I think I'm going to start doing this in a few weeks. I want to do it now, but I've been purging my house, so as soon as I get it back in order I'm all about getting on track! I love lists! DH makes fun of me I love them so much! It helps to stay motivated when I see how well everyone else is doing!

Mama to Clara 5/2/06, & Anna 11/4/08 and wife to Dan 6/8/02
#126 of 150 Old 01-31-2007, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissel View Post
I'm too good at tuning out whatever's on the fridge! I consult my planner all the time, because it has my To Do list, meal plan, grocery list etc. Here's a plug for the Amy Knapp planner. I love mine!

https://thefamilyorganizer.com/image..._Organizer.jpg

I did it for a little while last year, but I had the spiral bound version, and stapling it in just didn't have the same usefulness I'm psyched about making it work better this time.
Where did you get this organizer!!! This is a list lovers DREAM!!!

#127 of 150 Old 02-01-2007, 09:53 PM

I'm just looking into MM for myself - does anyone have the half-page size and if so do you know what size Franklin Planner it fits in? I have a "compact" size planner from when I used to work for pay that I'd like to use for MM. Will half size fit in that?

TIA.
#128 of 150 Old 02-01-2007, 10:36 PM

Hi, everyone!

I just downloaded and started MM yesterday. I am a SAHM with two-year-old twins who have completely stopped napping... so I'm just going to try my best to chip away at those lists. I bought MM once I realized that the house was so out of control I couldn't complete any one small cleaning task without tripping over three other things that needed my immediate attention (or so it seemed.) In effect, I was trying to do everything, every day, all at once (and ending up with nothing accomplished.) Having the lists will -- I hope -- make sure that the essential cleaning tasks stay at the forefront of my mind and actually get completed. Phew!

Speaking of which... it's time to see what needs to be done!

Decluttering SAHM of three. Going for 2011 items in 2011.
#129 of 150 Old 02-02-2007, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxMominCT View Post
Where did you get this organizer!!! This is a list lovers DREAM!!!
You can get it from Amy Knapp's website.
#130 of 150 Old 02-02-2007, 03:00 AM

I have a lot of days where the things on the list just dont work (other than the dishwasher thing, and the things that are about rooms we dont even have).

Like running errands on wednesday- nope. I live in the mountains and cant go down the hill durign school days unless I really wanns push it.

I feel guilt over ignoring them, though.

Although this week- I seem to be ignoring the whole list.
#131 of 150 Old 02-02-2007, 10:49 AM

ok, I have totally fallen off the wagon. It was going so well for a few weeks!
I have this feeling that I can't do the list until the house is semi-tidy, which is so self-defeating. Ugh.

Mama to my 2 boys
#132 of 150 Old 02-03-2007, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Changed the bathroom hand towel. I need to look at the rest of my list for today.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#133 of 150 Old 02-03-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmansions View Post
I'm just looking into MM for myself - does anyone have the half-page size and if so do you know what size Franklin Planner it fits in? I have a "compact" size planner from when I used to work for pay that I'd like to use for MM. Will half size fit in that?

TIA.
I am wondering this as well :

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#134 of 150 Old 02-03-2007, 04:02 PM

yea! I changed to towel too! I still haven't really started the checklist yet, but I plan on it as soon as I finish decluttering! It's very frustrating to clean something then empty a closet or room and it's a total disaster again!

#135 of 150 Old 02-03-2007, 04:13 PM

I've been doing MM for about two weeks now, and I love it! I never realized how much time I wasted before. I would get up in the morning, putter around with my son, and I wouldn't even get dressed until he went down for his first nap of the day - sometimes not until about noon! Now, I'm usually up and dressed before he wakes, and I have the beds made and most of the house in order by 10am. It is such a great feeling.

I sometimes slack on the tasks, though. Like mopping. Ugh, I hate to mop. And I have stained and scored concrete floors throughout my house, including in my kitchen, so I feel like I have to mop the entire house whenever I mop the kitchen. It's a small house, but still. Yuck.

I did manage to clean out my oven this week. First time since we moved into our house three years ago! And my refrigerator is cleaner than it's ever been - and free of old leftovers and expired food. It had gotten so bad in there, I was embarrassed to have anybody look in my fridge.

I don't have my pages in a planner or anything; I just keep them tacked on my refrigerator door. I keep hoping it will motivate my husband to check off a few of the chores/tasks himself, but so far, no luck. Oh, well.

One thing I really like about the program is my weekends are way more free now than they were before. Even though I'm a SAHM, I used to put off my heavy cleaning until Saturday. So I'd be scrambling around all day, scrubbing my house until I was exhausted while my husband entertained our son. Now it's all much more spread out, and I get a little done every day. By the time Saturday rolls around, the house is pretty much done, and we have time to spend together as a family without me feeling guilty that the toilets have rings in them or something.
#136 of 150 Old 02-03-2007, 07:38 PM

I just downloaded my copy. OMG, I'm so nervous just looking at it. Ack ack ack.

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

#137 of 150 Old 02-03-2007, 07:41 PM

Hey, I don't have the first clue how to clean a non-self-clean oven. Any pointers?

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

#138 of 150 Old 02-03-2007, 10:57 PM

question- how different is this year's calendar than last year's?? can i reuse last year's? would that even work, and why not?

#139 of 150 Old 02-03-2007, 11:54 PM

This will be my second year using MM and I really like it. Once you get used to it, the tasks just fly by. I don't even have to look at the daily list anymore, I've got it memorized. But I'm a list maker and I love to check things off . I print it out one week at a time and post it on my fridge.

Lisa: I'm using last years for this year. So far I haven't had any problems. The date is off by one, which is no big deal for me.
#140 of 150 Old 02-04-2007, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by *HolisticMama* View Post
Hey, I don't have the first clue how to clean a non-self-clean oven. Any pointers?
Check out this thread.
#141 of 150 Old 02-04-2007, 03:16 PM

OK, I loved, loved, love mm when I was a SAHM. Now that I'm a WOHM I am really struggling. I just can't get it all in. I can only get the daily chores with the tick boxes finished.

I'm sad about all the dust/dirt/clutter that is building up and I know that it is easier to deal with if I just do a little bit each day but I feel like I just don't have the time. Perhaps it would be more correct to say I just don't have the energy.

Any ideas?
#142 of 150 Old 02-04-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lubner View Post
question- how different is this year's calendar than last year's?? can i reuse last year's? would that even work, and why not?
I've been using last year's, too. It works perfectly with my "family organizer." The f.o. week starts on Monday, and my mm week starts on Sunday - but because I'm a day off with mm, the dates line up perfectly!

The two actually work well together. For each, I purchased the ones that fit in a planner. The family organizer has two pages per week, and I just slip the weekly mm page between them. So, now I have the chores list, a grocery list, a to do list, a menu list, a planner and a mini calendar, all right together.

Now I just need to get on the ball and keep up with mm!

ETA: The family organizer I have can be found here: http://www.thefamilyorganizer.com/
#143 of 150 Old 02-04-2007, 06:32 PM

I just bought this and will try it, I need to have the house clean when we move, so this might help, but I'm really counting on using it in our new house to stay on top of things. I normally keep the house clean, but on days where I feel blah, stuff backs up and it takes a week to get back on track.

Amy ~ Web Designing Single Mom to 4: DD14, DS12, DS5, DS3
#144 of 150 Old 02-05-2007, 01:19 PM

Hi-
I'm just starting out using the MM planner. I was thinking of color coding it and assigning some of the chores/tasks to my kids. Anyone else do this and have tips for me? My boys like to see what they need to do and them check it off. (They think I can't slip in an extra chore that way )
#145 of 150 Old 02-05-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesmama View Post
OK, I loved, loved, love mm when I was a SAHM. Now that I'm a WOHM I am really struggling. I just can't get it all in. I can only get the daily chores with the tick boxes finished.

I'm sad about all the dust/dirt/clutter that is building up and I know that it is easier to deal with if I just do a little bit each day but I feel like I just don't have the time. Perhaps it would be more correct to say I just don't have the energy.

Any ideas?
I am a wohm and am using the program. I admit to not getting everything done on the list. However I usually get more than the daily chore list done. Part of the problem was the general state of disrepair my house was in. Now that is basically clean I find the check list easier to accomplish. And a lot of the times I don't have the energy but I know it will take 10x longer if I continue to put it off.

My kids are 5 and 2.5 yrs old. I've got them in on the gig. If nothing else they keep me "company" while I do the cleaning with their own set of sponges and buckets. Other times they setup schooltime(art/workbooks/puzzles) in the room I working on. Feels less like a chore when I have company. And mostly I have dp in on the list. Since we are both woh-parents we both have the chores to do. Then everyone can enjoy the calm feng shui of the house.
#146 of 150 Old 03-01-2007, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Hey hey hey!! Two months down, 10 to go!!!

How's everyone doing?! How are your gorgeous houses?

I'm still doing pretty well. I have my busy days when I get lots done and my slower days when it's more basic upkeep. It all works out and it's totally manageable. I've also done decluttering and rearranging in addition to the motivated moms and I'm really happy with how my main living area looks.

I don't do nearly as much upstairs. My kids and I are downstairs all day and I haven't made the effort to plan bedroom time. I really should. :

Let's hear some updates!!
#147 of 150 Old 03-01-2007, 05:28 PM

Has anyone else used the Flipper from http://www.messies.com/ ? I have it and use it. Just wondering.

Blessed Wife to Jeff, Mama to Annie, Austin, Samuel, and Caeden
#148 of 150 Old 03-02-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
Hey hey hey!! Two months down, 10 to go!!!

How's everyone doing?! How are your gorgeous houses?

I'm still doing pretty well. I have my busy days when I get lots done and my slower days when it's more basic upkeep. It all works out and it's totally manageable. I've also done decluttering and rearranging in addition to the motivated moms and I'm really happy with how my main living area looks.

I don't do nearly as much upstairs. My kids and I are downstairs all day and I haven't made the effort to plan bedroom time. I really should. :

Let's hear some updates!!
I have the same problem with the upstairs. I tidy up DD's bedroom while she is brushing her teeth getting ready for bed, or after I've read her bedtime books. My room is trashed though and I never spend any time in there. Makes it really easy to forget to do laundry too since the hamper is in there. I am falling way behind. I did well for the first month or so, but now I'm not motivated.

Maybe if I put myself on some kind of restriction, where I don't get any internet time until I do a certain number of chores? I hate chores. Today we're staying home so I can just get some cleaning done.

alright. getting off the computer now...

after I check out messies.com. :
#149 of 150 Old 03-03-2007, 04:24 PM

wow. i don't do even half of the chores they list on there. : i just downloaded it and will start today!
#150 of 150 Old 06-27-2007, 05:59 PM

Ummm...bump? What happened to this thread?

How's everyone doing?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page