Motivated Moms 2007! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 150 Old 01-01-2007, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone use the Motivated Moms chore planner? DH bought it for me as a gift : and I'm looking forward to using it and keeping my house in better shape.

Of course I do the basics regularly (dishes, counters, bathrooms, etc.), but I just don't think of doing other chores on a regular basis. I'm hoping this will help me maintain a more thorough routine. The tasks themselves seem very manageable.

They have a sample page on the website and a Yahoo group with more info about the chore list.

Who's with me?
#2 of 150 Old 01-01-2007, 01:11 AM

I did it last year until I got pg with the new one. Then I got sick and that was that. Maybe I'll do it again....

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#3 of 150 Old 01-01-2007, 04:22 AM

Me! Me! Thanks for the reminder, I need to get the new calendar. I downloaded it at the end of last Aug and within the first week the house looked better than it had since last Oct when I had DD!
#4 of 150 Old 01-01-2007, 05:05 AM

I should purchase mine again....haven't done it yet.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#5 of 150 Old 01-01-2007, 11:40 AM

I just downloaded it.

I have to say, this is the BEST of these programs. I am a flylady dropout, it stressed me out so much I started to cry when I got those emails!

I can handle this. Most days I can get to most of the tasks. My house is, more or less, neat and reasonably clean. I'm happier.

for motivated moms!

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#6 of 150 Old 01-01-2007, 12:53 PM

I just started a thread about this in the main MHM forum!

I think I'll print it out when I'm at my mom's today.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#7 of 150 Old 01-01-2007, 12:55 PM

I bought mine two days ago!

I sent DH out to buy printer paper last night, and I'm going to print it after brunch today. I'm so excited to get started. When I stuck with it, the house looked incredible, and I really did feel motivated.

Part of my downfall last year was that I didn't physically mark off what I had done. I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I can look over the past few days and see what I have done.

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#8 of 150 Old 01-01-2007, 01:46 PM

I LOVE it! The house was doing really well until pregnancy exhuastion and what not hit. I'm determined to get back to it. I've been doing better. I tend to work extra at the beginning of the week so I have more time at the end.

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
#9 of 150 Old 01-01-2007, 02:26 PM

ive looked throught this website and the planner looks great!
I want to order it, but was going to check with you all to make sure it doesnt have any religious stuff in the main planner??
I saw there are additional things, but what about the regular one?

thanks!

wife to my awesome DH, homeschooling, unassisted birthing, food growing, life loving mama to 5 crazy monkeys. :
#10 of 150 Old 01-01-2007, 03:07 PM

That was a concern of mine, too. The main planner does not have any religious stuff in it. I print mine out, hole punch it, and keep it in a binder. I pull out the sheet for the current week and put it on the fridge. It's nice this way because I can say, "Hey. The kids are occupied. I've got five minutes. What little job could I get done?" I originally bought last year's planner half-way through the year when it went to half price. I need to order this year's planner. Hey, I've got five minutes.

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
#11 of 150 Old 01-01-2007, 03:31 PM

thanks for the links

I like flylady, but hate having to create my own control journal. I love that this is just the lists and no thinking ( how bad is that, lol) plus with a list maybe I can get DH to help more.
#12 of 150 Old 01-01-2007, 04:40 PM

Printed mine out yesterday, of course we are painting the kitchen today so my daily chores are doing so well, but the day is only half over.

I really like the checklists

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#13 of 150 Old 01-01-2007, 04:55 PM

I love the way they did the daily chore checklists this year. I had a hard time remembering to do things when I couldn't check them off every day.

And yes, just to reiterate, if you don't get the Bible planner, there are no religious connotations. If you DO get the Bible planner, you will read the entire Protestant Bible in a year.

#14 of 150 Old 01-01-2007, 06:20 PM

Motivated Moms is amazing! I started it last year as a New Years resolution and stuck with it ALL YEAR. I didn't really actually look at the papers anymore after a few months, but the habit still really stuck with me. I was even able to keep up with it during the end of my pregnancy last spring and then after my ds was born. A friend of mine started it at the same time in January 2006 and stuck with it too. Our houses are SO different than they used to be. They aren't spotless, but they sure are clean most of the time! I probably won't be buying a planner this year since I have my own little schedule in my head, but for anyone that hasn't used it yet, it is AWESOME.

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#15 of 150 Old 01-01-2007, 06:55 PM

All year, huh?

That's amazing. I just printed out Jan-March. I think I'm going to go for broke and print the whole thing.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#16 of 150 Old 01-01-2007, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Wow!! That is awesome that so many people have had such success with this!

I confess that our year hasn't started off so wonderfully... DH has been very sick, so I was out with the kids all day. I also have a really hard time cleaning when DH is around. Isn't that odd? So here's to tomorrow!
#17 of 150 Old 01-01-2007, 09:05 PM

I ordered mine last night!
#18 of 150 Old 01-01-2007, 10:10 PM

Did she make any changes to this year's planner? I'm waivering on ordering it. I've still got last year's, which would still work, I just have to mark through the days.
#19 of 150 Old 01-02-2007, 01:04 AM

Thanks for the reminder- I just downloaded it...I fell off the wagon last year, and hope to start the new year off right!
#20 of 150 Old 01-02-2007, 01:27 AM

Ohh thanks for the link, this is exactly what I was looking for!
#21 of 150 Old 01-02-2007, 12:01 PM

That's me right now. It is 10am and I've already accomplished more today than I do by the end of most days.

We had breakfast finished by 8:45, and I put all the dishes from our meal and from the sink in the dishwasher. I read the kids a few stories after breakfast and then let them watch Dora while I cleaned the bathtub, shower, toilet, sink, and bathroom mirror. I decluttered a bit in the bathroom and threw in a load of laundry. And I did the MM Bible readings for the day. The bathroom looks incredible right now, and I never thought I'd say that cleaning it up was a great way to start the day.

#22 of 150 Old 01-02-2007, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clewal View Post
Did she make any changes to this year's planner? I'm waivering on ordering it. I've still got last year's, which would still work, I just have to mark through the days.
I just checked quickly, and they look pretty much the same to me. Hope that helps!
#23 of 150 Old 01-02-2007, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova22 View Post

That's me right now. It is 10am and I've already accomplished more today than I do by the end of most days.

We had breakfast finished by 8:45, and I put all the dishes from our meal and from the sink in the dishwasher. I read the kids a few stories after breakfast and then let them watch Dora while I cleaned the bathtub, shower, toilet, sink, and bathroom mirror. I decluttered a bit in the bathroom and threw in a load of laundry. And I did the MM Bible readings for the day. The bathroom looks incredible right now, and I never thought I'd say that cleaning it up was a great way to start the day.
Woohoo!!! I am TOTALLY a morning person! Apart from dishes/counters and dinner prep, I'm pretty useless by late afternoon. It's also great to have cleaning behind you rather than looming over you all day.

I got a bunch of stuff done this morning, too, so I'm feeling pretty good. Now that DH is finally back to work, I look forward to getting into my groove.
#24 of 150 Old 01-02-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
It's also great to have cleaning behind you rather than looming over you all day.
Definitely! I have noticed that whatever I do first thing in the morning really sets the tone for the day. If I wake up and immediately get on the internet to check my email or whatever, I feel lazy all day long. If I get up and go right down to breakfast, I end up getting a lot done in the kitchen before we come back up, and then I feel motivated to keep cleaning when I come back up.

The only problem is that I feel like I want to keep working all day long, and I know I'll start to feel overwhelmed and tired if I do that. I'm trying so hard to hold back right now.

#25 of 150 Old 01-02-2007, 09:23 PM

I was just looking for this thread earlier! I'm downloading this later...hope it helps me!
#26 of 150 Old 01-02-2007, 10:12 PM

Ah, thanks for the reminder. Subbing to remind myself to order again!

Loon , dh , dd , and twins ds1 dd2 **Thoughts become things. - Mike Dooley**
#27 of 150 Old 01-02-2007, 10:46 PM

I had never heard of this until the thread in the main MHM page - it looks great ! Another Flylady dropout here - this looks more manageable somehow, and the visual checklist seems like it would be great. Off to order !
#28 of 150 Old 01-02-2007, 11:14 PM

I actually came across a huge folder of unread Flylady e-mails in my old Outlook application the other day, and I started getting stressed just looking through the subject lines I love the idea of Flylady, but just couldn't keep up. I'm off to download my new Motivated Moms too. I actually even paid full price to buy the binder-punched version of the Amy Knapp Family Organizer this year so I can punch the half-size pages of the MM system and add them into my planner! OCD much?

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#29 of 150 Old 01-03-2007, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissel View Post
I actually even paid full price to buy the binder-punched version of the Amy Knapp Family Organizer this year so I can punch the half-size pages of the MM system and add them into my planner! OCD much?

I love the idea of an organizer, but I'd probably lose it! I'd love to hear how it works for you - maybe I'll look into that. For now, my MM pages hang out on my fridge so I'm forced to look at them several times a day.
#30 of 150 Old 01-03-2007, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post

I love the idea of an organizer, but I'd probably lose it! I'd love to hear how it works for you - maybe I'll look into that. For now, my MM pages hang out on my fridge so I'm forced to look at them several times a day.
I'm too good at tuning out whatever's on the fridge! I consult my planner all the time, because it has my To Do list, meal plan, grocery list etc. Here's a plug for the Amy Knapp planner. I love mine!

https://thefamilyorganizer.com/image..._Organizer.jpg

I did it for a little while last year, but I had the spiral bound version, and stapling it in just didn't have the same usefulness I'm psyched about making it work better this time.

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page