I feel really bad now - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 01-09-2007, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
yay. so glad she wasn't upset about the rooms. i bet your dad was pretty happy.

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 35 Old 01-09-2007, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm glad to hear she wasn't upset. Makes me wonder though if you had thrown out a bit more, would she have missed it after all?

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#33 of 35 Old 01-09-2007, 02:47 PM

I'm so glad she was ok with it!!
#34 of 35 Old 01-09-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountrylivinmomtoB View Post
just wanted to let everyone know, that she was not mad. she does not believe i threw anything away! I have no idea how though! She asked me about a few things and i didn't remember seeing them, so she just thanked me and hugged me and then blamed my dad for the mess...but i know it will only stay clean a few days....I told her i would come over and help her organize her things, but she doesn't want to get rid of anything.

I told my father with all we got rid of you would think it would of made a huge dent, but really hasn't.

Thanks for all the support
If you have the time, would your mother accept your help to clean weekly? My mother doesn't have a hoarding problem, but she is disabled because of a bad back. It's very hard for her to do things like vacuuming and mopping. I offered to help her with her cleaning once a week if she would use my van to take my kids and do something fun. I get a break from the kids, she gets to have fun with her grandsons, and she comes home to a very clean house. The arrangement is perfect for all of us.

Maybe if you had a couple of hours to help her each week it would keep things more in control. She might learn something from you, or at least be motivated to keep the house a little cleaner. It doesn't sound to me (not that I'm anywhere near being an expert) like your mom is a hoarder, but that she simply doesn't like to clean.

When I was in college I did the "throw things under the bed/in the closet regardless of whether they were truly garbage or just stuff, dirty dishes in the oven" style of cleaning when company was coming. I really hated cleaning and would do nearly anything to get out of doing it. Now, I really love organizing and getting rid of things, and I don't mind the cleaning parts so much, either. I don't remember what caused the change, but maybe your mom will do a 180 like I did and come to her senses. It can't hurt to try.

Jessica, wife of Marc and Momma to Nikolai (10) and Nathaniel (9) and Olivia (3).
#35 of 35 Old 01-09-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountrylivinmomtoB View Post
just wanted to let everyone know, that she was not mad. she does not believe i threw anything away! I have no idea how though!
So, does your mom think that you just cleaned and organized it....but didn't eliminate anything? Wow! I am glad she was happy and that it all seemed to work out for you! Hope they're coping with losing the dog OK too.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page