Anyone want to try Flylady for 31 days with me? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 148 Old 02-04-2007, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so good to hear all of your stories...I am still making baby steps....the kitchen is consistently cleaner and ds and I just shaving creamed the cabinets and floor...hehe...we both agree they have not been cleaner in years....the laundry is working for me too....but routines, shoes and the 15 minute declutter are off in the distance a bit...hmmm...now that I write it down, I am feeling a little better about the progress even if the rest of the house seems like one giant hot spot!
#122 of 148 Old 02-04-2007, 05:15 PM

I'm jealous I missed this - I SO need help with my house. We moved with a 22 month old and a 4 month old and not it's five months later and I still haven't gotten things squared away. Not even close to it.

*sigh*

Maybe I'll start a new thread and see if anyone else wants to do a month with me a month later. :-)
#123 of 148 Old 02-05-2007, 03:36 AM

I will do it. I got grounded with a broken leg so my progress has halted but I am keeping up most days with my morning and evening routines. There are things I just can't do at the moment. I am now watching various organizational shows on tv with my feet up instead of doing my house! but testerday I manage to go through two big boxes of magazines ( a weakness of both dp and I) and got rid of a box and a half of them. The others are useful gardening ones and knitting ones.

I am frustrated that I can't do more and I actually have to hire someone to do my morning animal chores and drive my dd to the school bus. I was fantasizing about keeping her longer and getting her to fly my house for me!

The interesting thing that has happened is that I can't abide a messy kitchen now. It doesn't matter how tired I am. I just mant to get it done before bed so I can wake up to a clean kitchen. My dp is pitching in and my dd did most of the dished tonight on her own with tolerable grace. We all feel better.
#124 of 148 Old 02-05-2007, 10:51 PM

I think we should make this an ongoing thread. I'm a few weeks into this and there are still a lot of things I have to learn and I'd love the support. I went back and read the Babysteps today to see where I was falling down and I really need to commit to the control journal. I need something to look at when I feel lost.

Kat - mama to Clara (9/29/03): & Iris (5/30/06)
#125 of 148 Old 02-06-2007, 07:35 PM

I've been doing the morning routine (well, except I refuse to wear shoes in the house ) and Kelly's daily mission. It's helping a bit, but I need to get more into this.

Mama to DS (8) and DD (7) Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not "Every man for himself." And the London Underground is not a political movement.

#126 of 148 Old 02-07-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatSG View Post
antannie--I'm so sorry about your leg! I hope you're feeling better soon!
Oh no!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#127 of 148 Old 02-07-2007, 06:12 PM

How's everyone doing with Flylady?

I've stopped with the babysteps because I read ahead a WHOLE bunch and hten adapted it to fit my life.

My kitchen is now totally decluttered (wasn't that bad in the first place) so I can start doing detailed cleanin onw.

The bathroom is looking pretty good too!

We still have one room, our office, that is pretty much one gigantic pile of clutter, but we have no other place to store things, and it's mostly organized piles. We move in 3 months,and we'll be going through it all very carefully then. So that's my one spot of avoidance. But my desk looks great, if crowded cuz of my research.

I'm also addicted to the shining my sink. I can't go to bed with a pile of dishes in it. They must be at least rinsed and nicely organized before I can go to sleep. So, she's working on me.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#128 of 148 Old 02-08-2007, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
How's everyone doing with Flylady?

Well, I did go one night without any dishes in my semi-shined sink. :

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#129 of 148 Old 02-08-2007, 03:47 AM

I admit to not getting dressed every morning. I had a setback with my leg and am back on my back with foot raised until Monday. bu I am up for a bit every day so when I use the bathroom first thing I swish my toilet and I am letting dp fly the kitchen for me most nights. She is being wonderful and I listen to my dd clean her dishes in the morning before school now which is a new habit for her. I am still putting on a load of wash every morning. I spend time every day sorting boxes and on my 15 minutes up on a chair yesterday I cleaned out the cupboard I keep the games and vases in. It has a dozen less items and I have a box of recycling and 4 boxes of stuff to go out for the weeks efforts. I don't think I will lose mementum. We are really enjoying the clean kitchen and bathrooms.
#130 of 148 Old 02-08-2007, 07:54 PM

white_queen_22~ I JUST found this thread and have never heard of flylady till now. I would join a new thread for sure! It's so much easier doing these things with others!
#131 of 148 Old 02-11-2007, 09:47 PM

Hi,
I just joined this site and found this thread, If anyone wants to start another "Flylady for 31 days" I would love to join in. A friend of mine did this faitrhfully a whil ago and it really became a habit, with the morning and evening routines. It was great, some how we lost motivation and stopped. But I found when you do it with others, it doesn't seem to be to hard:-)

Wanda
Mom to:
Kaitlyn~13 yrs old in April
Amelia~ 2 yrs old in April
#132 of 148 Old 02-12-2007, 03:22 AM

Welcome to MDC, mommy2k&A!

I'm still doing okay. Dh is getting in on the laundry by helping me put things away in the evenings. He's still doing a great job with the kitchen. I've been keeping the bathroom really clean. I've developed other good habits, like washing off my makeup and brushing my teeth right after I put the baby to bed so I don't get overtired and just skip it.

I still have lots of new habits to develop. I think what's been holding be back is not really using the control journal. I can see how that's key. I've got a routine written out, but I have to check it more often. This week is going to be a scattered one so I'll have to really keep checking it.

#133 of 148 Old 02-12-2007, 05:17 AM

I don't use the control journal but I have written my routines in a book and added some inspiration stuff. I just never look in it but usually once I have written something it is much more in my head and memory,,,,a kind of kinesthetic memory think I guess. Anyway I was so worried I would lose momentum being laid up and I am just counting the days until I can walk again and really get to it!
#134 of 148 Old 02-12-2007, 01:53 PM

antannie, you're doing a fabulous job! Lots of people would get pouty and just sit there watching TV. Good for you!

#135 of 148 Old 02-12-2007, 02:01 PM

Okay, I might get annoyed, and this is probably a BAD time to start, but I'm going to go shine my sink. (With vinegar and salt, not Windex)

I have a feeling I may want to do all 31 days in just one day though. SOMEONE STOP ME!!
#136 of 148 Old 02-13-2007, 10:30 AM

no only do one day at a time b/c you are trying to build habits

i was skeptical but i'm on day 31 and it looks company ready!
#137 of 148 Old 02-13-2007, 01:51 PM

I am going to start my 31 days either today or tomorrow:-) I think this week FlyLady is working on the kitchen.
Anyone up for the challenge?

Wanda
#138 of 148 Old 02-16-2007, 01:19 AM

gotta bump this so I can find it.
#139 of 148 Old 02-16-2007, 02:19 AM

Im on day 8 of the 31 day challenge. I think the key is to do one day at a time. In the beginning its exciting and its easy to feel motivated, but after a couple days it gets a little harder and maintaining the motivation is harder, but if you do it one day at a time it feels SO easy and doable. Adding one more thing everyday definitely goes a long way to building the habit and making it work.

DH commented just today that he noticed my "whole organization system is working so well." Its only day 8 so Im really excited to see how this works till the end. I love flylady its working for me, totally my style. I like a step by step approach, do this today, do this next day.. that works great for me. Ive bought organizational books in the passed that helped but never built the habit in me, which is what's so different about flylady.

Good luck to everyone!
#140 of 148 Old 02-16-2007, 09:53 PM

Yes I like that too and the othr thing I like is that it gives me permission to take a while to declutter without feeling bad about it. I started doing Kim's Missions too and was frustrated this week as those messes were all cleaned up! I am working away at my worst 3 rooms at the moment and can see an end in sight. Now I have the family in on it. I tell them they have to work for 15 minutes and they do and so extra decluttering is happening. My xray showed my leg is healing and so I am allowed to put a little weight on it as long as it doesn't hurt so that should mak decluttering a little easier. I have been creating piles, labeling them ehere they are supposed to go and instructing dp and dd to deal with it. Now I don't have to wait.
#141 of 148 Old 02-19-2007, 02:55 AM

how is it going FLycompanions? I cleaned out our desk drawers today and found things like 6 rolls of tape. 9 good erasers, a lifetim of staples times 2, several boxes of paperclips, 4 pencil shrpeners, 6 rulers and 1500 3 ring binder reinforcements.

Yesterday we dropped of 4 big boxes and a hockey bag of stuff I have decluttered in the last 3 weeks since I broke my leg. It kept me sane and felt so good to drop it off!
#142 of 148 Old 02-21-2007, 11:30 AM

AntAnnie...WOW...It sounds like your doing GREAT!!! WAY TO GO!!! Nothing better than finding a lifetime of staples LOL I didn't realize you broke your leg....How is it?? What happened?? Hope your feeling better.

As for me, I haven't "started" yet!!! LOL I think I am confused as to what to so first, kwim?? I am living in such CHAOS that I am overwhelmed!!!!:

Wanda
Mom to:
Kaitlyn
Amelia
#143 of 148 Old 02-21-2007, 04:14 PM

antannie~ Keep it up, good for you! Im on day 14 and it feels great.

mommy2K&A~ I was overwhelmed at first also and thinking JUST 15 min?! I started in the master bedroom, flylady says to start at the entrance and work clockwise. 15 min/day and 4 days later its DECLUTTERED beyond belief. I dropped off 2 bags at Goodwill.. it feels GREAT. I used to keep saving my old clothes thinking Ill sell them on eBay. eBay never came, but donating feels much better. Just start with one drawer or one closet and only do 15 min., even if you feel like you just got started when the time is up just stop, and continue the next day.

Something that really hit home for me, she said in one of her last emails that marriage is not 50/50, it's 100/100.. that was my lightbulb moment! Im like yeah, I have to give 100% and if it feels like Im the only one FLYing in my house, then so be it, my family is worth it. Well, its true what she said, DH wasn't "into" it at first. He probably thought I would just give up and let the house go like I always do, but 2 weeks later he loves the way the house looks and this morning I *caught* him putting his knife in the dishwasher and wiping the sink! Yeah!

By the way, Ive also been doing savingdinner.com the past 2 weeks, I freeze meals on Sunday night for the week another AMAZING lifestyle change. Im so much less stressed and the house has never looked better.

Good luck everyone!
#144 of 148 Old 02-21-2007, 04:59 PM

Oh thank you everyone. Just the boost I needed. I hit a low with the leg thing (my ram rammed me and I fell on my leg, twisting it under me and sustaining a spiral fracture to my fibula)

My kitchen sink has not been cleaned at night for 5 days and interestingly there are 5 unwashed pots and pans on the counter. The kitchen looks a mess to me and I am too tired to deal with it. I told dp this morning on the phone and she says not to worry, she will deal with it when she gets home and get us back on track.

I slept in this morning and threw on my clothes without underwear or bra as I had not set out my clothes the night before.

My hair is tucked into my sweater, uncombed.

I chased the schoolbus down the highway that way at 7:30 and it is now 11:57

I haven't had breakfast, brushed my teeth, swished my toilet.

I have spent 5 minutes on the hotspot.

I am now self chastising and getting off this infernal machine and pulling myself together!

Thanks for the wake up. It does help to know I am not alone. Nobody has been responding to this thread lately.

Congratulations on your great starts!!!!
#145 of 148 Old 02-26-2007, 03:16 PM

I am going to start afresh in March because the last week I was so exhausted and frustratedin my healing that I fell oof the wagon!
#146 of 148 Old 02-27-2007, 03:43 PM

Oh AntAnnie....Sorry you feel like your living in total CHAOS!!!! Since March 1st is a mere 2 days away, I think we should all start fresh and GET FLYING!!!!!!! I need all the motivation I can get. I KNOW I am sick and tired of living in a HE&& HOLE!!!! I am sick and tired of the clutter.
#147 of 148 Old 02-27-2007, 03:44 PM

Ok. I will start a new thread. Watch for it!
#148 of 148 Old 01-12-2008, 03:31 AM

I joined FLY LADY just before christmas... is anyone else using her method of cleaning and decluttering (minus the emails LOL)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page