Organization TV shows - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 01-15-2007, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In most of the shows I've seen the house is very clean, but filled with crap. Are these people dusting all their piles on a regular basis?

I believe that the people are clutter horders, but the show obviously cleans and stages the clutter for the show.

Although I did see one where they did have to clean and spray the basement because of all the rat and mouse droppings.

Mom to Zach eat.gif , 2 cat.gif, 1dog2.gif, and a whole lot of goldfish.gif!!!! 
#32 of 34 Old 01-15-2007, 07:29 PM

I wonder if sometimes people find out they are going to be on the show, so they start tossing other stuff (maybe the other persons stuff )in there(the room being handled) as well to know that it will be dealt with.
#33 of 34 Old 01-18-2007, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom4tot View Post
I love Clean Sweep too. I shudder to think of what I would get rid of for Peter
I shudder to think what Peter would make me get rid of....:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymoo View Post
I really like how clean sweep does the sorting and then when you have to decide what to put back, they have a rack the size of your closet (for example) and you can easily see really how much you can keep.
I need to do that with my closet...I'll never be a size 8 at Express again... but there they sit..

My issues with getting rid of things is purely emotional...I had no issues, none whatsoever helping my mom move 2 Novembers ago with 6mo old dd in a sling tossing stuff left and right....some of it was mine, some of it wasn't but she left packing her house to 3 days before the move...I am still sad about some things that got left behind (my old toy box i saved for my kiddos) but don't miss alot of it....

Maybe that will happen with me when we get ready to move this summer....hoping..well, DP is hoping more than I right now....But he loves me and knew I was a big ol pack rat when he met me.....
#34 of 34 Old 01-20-2007, 06:14 PM

On these home makeover type shows, I always think it looks nice when the camera makes a quick pan in the "after" shots... but I wonder what closer inspection would bear?

When I paint a room, I prime and paint two coats at least. I meticulously tape and the cutting in and edging takes a long time... but my paint jobs look awesome. People compliment me all the time.

I volunteered for a community service project once, where a whole bunch of people came in and repainted a lady's house for free. Well, it got done in one day, and made a good initial impression, but up close it looked like HELL. The trim had drips, there were uneven spots on the walls, paint got on the floor, etc.

The people that owned our house before us did something similar (probably to get ready to sell). They picked lovely colors, but did a sloppy, fast job. It showed nicely when we looked at it, but once we moved in we realized that we had to repaint EVERY SINGLE ROOM to meet our personal standards.

Anyway, what's that saying? "You can get it done fast, well, and cheap -- pick two."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page