I guess my mom is decluttering... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-15-2007, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My mom's house is filled to the brim with stuff. And I mean filled. She definitely has a obsessive hoarding disorder of some kind. Well, she has begun to declutter *a little* and yesterday brought over a project from my childhood. It was a shoebox project illustrating Black Beauty - and get this - the date on it was 1979!!! That thing is about 27 years old!!! (Amazingly it's still in great shape. Still filled with tons of hay I put inside.) I took a picture of it with the digital camera and just for fun a pic of the boys with it. And today it goes in the trash!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2007, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennay View Post
It was a shoebox project illustrating Black Beauty - and get this - the date on it was 1979!!! That thing is about 27 years old!!! (Amazingly it's still in great shape. Still filled with tons of hay I put inside.) I took a picture of it with the digital camera and just for fun a pic of the boys with it. And today it goes in the trash!
Hey, I can relate! My father passed on 6 years ago....leaving my mom alone to deal with a huge 4 bedroom colonial (full basement of course) filled with stuff. : So glad that your mom is making an effort now to get rid of things. My mom here, well it's over 6 years later and I'd say there is around 70% of it to go....she's so lucky that she has you there! All of my brothers and sisters (and myself) live accross the US in FL.

They'd saved every glass jar they had encountered. There were around 50 bags of napkins they'd taken from restaurants. All of the clothes we'd ever worn were in the basement...as well as those that they "inherited" from their parents when they died. Everything was saved. Just so much junk : . I can't adequately describe it...but think of a 1500 sq foot basement filled from top to bottom, so that you can barely walk in it.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

User Tag List