Socks - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 04-01-2007, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We pin our socks together with safety pins as soon as we take them off or before they go in the washing machine. We now never lose a sock and rarely have to replace them. We throw them in shoeboxes when they are done washing which are stored in our dresser drawers. We leave the pins on until we use them, and then pin our next dirty pair. We have no young children in the house so this works well for us. You could of course, unpin the socks before putting them away. We keep safety pins in our bedrooms and in the laundry room. I also hook my bras before washing to prevent them from getting caught in the washer or dryer.
#32 of 35 Old 04-02-2007, 07:55 AM

Also got rid of pantyhose that I bought too small (one sized does NOT fit all).

And I separated DDs socks, so that she could find them quick. Also moved her panties into her drawer with her other clothing, so she can get them herself, now.

Got rid of some clothes I'm never gonna wear, and a couple of pairs of shoes, too. Now I've just gotta bring the bags to the thrift store. Probably won't happen until this weekend.
#33 of 35 Old 04-02-2007, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post

But my question is: do I just throw these away and start over? And WHAT EVER HAPPENS TO THOSE OTHER SOCKS!!!!!!!!!!

You find them later. After you have thrown out the mates. Sometimes they turn up in places like ...

inside a folded set of sheets

in the attic in a box a baby clothes

in the car where the little one originally took them off

Mama to lots of kiddos.

#34 of 35 Old 04-03-2007, 02:27 AM

my socks like to hide between the washer and the wall.. seems the jump out of the basket while im dumping the clothes into the wash... those SNEAKY SOCKS....

thank goodness its summer here, arizona, no more socks... im going to do one final sock match up when i fold the laundry... any mis-matches are going bye-bye
#35 of 35 Old 04-04-2007, 12:11 AM

We have a motto in our house: LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR HOLEY SOCKS!

Seriously, when I find a hole in a pair of socks, that sock goes into the trash immediately. I'm a pretty thrifty girl, but I draw the line at socks! I have a couple that I use for dusting, but I won't keep more than 2 at a time.

I have two small bins in the laundry room (shoe-box sized) that hold mateless socks: one for white socks, one for colors. So even when I do throw out one holey sock, I often find that there is a sock waiting in the bin that will match the "recently widowed" sock.

Proud Catholic, homeschooling, RN-student mama of
DS 10 reading.gif  DS 8 fencing.gif DS 5, DD 3 energy.gif and a new DS  belly.gif 3/2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page