Mothering Forum banner

I started a blog about my messy house

3K views 31 replies 28 participants last post by  kayla14 
#1 ·
Check my sig.

#27 ·
Wow, I am halfway through your blog and I wanted to say I really admire your forthright and honest attitude! I can relate, I get into cycles where my house is like that for a few days and then I get into a 'mood' and make it all perfectly clean and act like an uptight drill sergeant in an attempt to keep it 'perfect'. Then I get exhausted by the effort and give up and it slides back into mess everywhere.

I want to echo what marybeth said, the only thing that has helped here is getting rid of tons of stuff.

Thanks for sharing that, I am really finding it motivating!

(I forgot to add that your house is lovely! It has such great woodwork, wood floors, tons of character.)

#28 ·
charmcitymama...I LOVE your blog. You can come to my house anytime. We have a spare room that is just like yours...and really needs to be gutted, because my almost 2 year old needs his own room (it's our project for the spring).
Keep one decluttering. You are an inspiration.

#29 ·
I tried FlyLady a couple years ago and started out all excited but ended up all annoyed with her and her glut of emails cluttering up my inbox.

Checking out squalorsurvivors now, too. Subbing to this thread and bookmarking your blog.

I just decluttered my bedroom because there was so much junk lying around that my allergies got crazy and the dust was making me sick. So now we have one clean room, but no bed. Just a camping mattress right now. I tossed the other one out because I think it had mold on it.

But I'm afraid to put anything on the dresser or not in perfect lines in the closet because one item out of place seems to breed a clutter pile within just a few days and I end up starting all over again.

But at this point, the clutter and disorder is literally making me sick and causing problems in our every day lives. Not good.

Thanks for being so brave and blogging and posting at MDC. Going to go read the blog now.

#30 ·
Thanks for being so brave to post pictures of your house! My house has been there, and some rooms still are. I am so envious of those moms who always have a clean house, and a little annoyed when I go to their house and they say "Oh, dont mind the mess", yet their houses are so clean! And mine... well, isnt.
Housekeeping doesnt come naturally or easily to some people!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.