Meal Planning Organization - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-07-2007, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How do you all plan your meals for the week? Any tips?
I was thinking of making a small board to hang on the fridge with pockets going down the right for each day of the week that I can put a recipe in. Then on the left side a big pocket to hold all the recipes we like. That way, before I go shopping for the week I can shuffle through the recipes, pick out what I want, take them to the store for the ingredients, then when I get home put them in their respective day slots.
Any other ideas?

I am on a kick to get super organized and I love it!
Thanks!
#2 of 4 Old 02-07-2007, 03:15 PM

: Genius, Spring Sun!
#3 of 4 Old 02-07-2007, 05:04 PM

I would leave your recipies at home. I'd be worried about losing them at the grocery store.

I keep a magnetic notepad on the 'fridge to write down things we need as I run out. The day before grocery day I tear off the sheet of paper with the list on it. On the back I make our weeks meal plan and then write down any ingredients I need on the grocery list on the other side.

I keep my recipies in three ring binders that I can easily find any recipie I need. It keeps them clean, dry and all in one safe place in my kitchen.

Mom to Zach eat.gif , 2 cat.gif, 1dog2.gif, and a whole lot of goldfish.gif!!!! 
#4 of 4 Old 02-07-2007, 05:24 PM

I read a post last week by a woman who scheduled meals for a month and the recipes. For example weds is rice and beans but she changes what kinds of rice and beans. I can't find the post but I wanted to ask her for a copy as I thought it was an awesome idea and a great money saver. Also wondered about breakfast and lunch as well. Does anyone remember this post?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page