Simplify and Downsize....AGAIN? We're going smaller! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 141 Old 03-30-2007, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks for the tip

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#122 of 141 Old 03-30-2007, 03:10 PM

I love those mags to- and I have a store here where I buy them ( along with other country mags) for .50 a peice and they keep older back issues for me! I can spend hours gazing. Sadly I have a hard time incorporating....
Emilie
#123 of 141 Old 03-30-2007, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sara- http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/abo..._glossary.html I hope the link works But I'm sure from your flickr pics this is him. Its a nice pic.
#124 of 141 Old 03-30-2007, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaof3boz View Post
Sara- http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/abo..._glossary.html I hope the link works But I'm sure from your flickr pics this is him. Its a nice pic.
Nope...not him Kind of looks like him though.

Sara ::: Mama to Bella Grace & Lucy Mae Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. 1 Peter 3:4
#125 of 141 Old 03-30-2007, 09:05 PM

Sara,
where did you get that coffee scoop?it's gorgeous

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
#126 of 141 Old 03-31-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delight View Post
If you're looking for specific things to "look" at...I love Cottage Living and Country Home.
These publications are *my* weakness. Country Home I actually sub to and I also get Country Living. The nice thing about the "look" featured in these mags is that you can not only tweak it to your specific taste and lifestyle but also your budget. Some of the coolest things in our house that people always admire are cottege-esque pieces I picked up at SVDP or yard sales.

I think that's what is so appealing about your place, Sara. Not only is it aesthetically pleasing but it's completely reflective of your family's lifestyle and commitment to a smaller eco-print. Here at my house, while it's large by MDC standards (2300 SQ FT), I realized it's ecological footprint doesn't have to match its physical one. So that's where I'm downsizing.

Your blog is really neat, too. While I don't always see things as you do, what you write never fails to give me food for thought. And while you and I are different people with different religious beliefs from different backgrounds in totally different areas of the country, it's so nice that we can communicate together and inspire each other to be better stewards of our planet.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is "thanks". Took me long enough, didn't it?
#127 of 141 Old 03-31-2007, 01:28 PM

: I can tell from your blogs & posts what a beautiful person you are. your energy is so warm, positive & kind

#128 of 141 Old 03-31-2007, 01:31 PM

btw I just had to search the web and I finally found pewter coffee scoops at www.bocajava.com (not as beautiful as delight's but they are sooo cute, I am definitly getting some for xmas gifts!)

#129 of 141 Old 03-31-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmoon View Post
btw I just had to search the web and I finally found pewter coffee scoops at www.bocajava.com (not as beautiful as delight's but they are sooo cute, I am definitly getting some for xmas gifts!)
This one looks like the same one as Delight's, only without the beads:
http://www.bocajava.com/showProductD...3&catalogId=73

I ordered this one from another place:
http://www.serendipitycollections.co...nz-pi-185.html
I love roosters!
#130 of 141 Old 04-01-2007, 03:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyErin View Post
These publications are *my* weakness. Country Home I actually sub to and I also get Country Living. l
I was sooooo excited this week because I found the brand new copy of Country Home in the FREE bin at the library! Woo! And the week before I found the newest copies of Cottage Living and Domino. Whoa. I was in heaven!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyErin View Post
Your blog is really neat, too. While I don't always see things as you do, what you write never fails to give me food for thought. And while you and I are different people with different religious beliefs from different backgrounds in totally different areas of the country, it's so nice that we can communicate together and inspire each other to be better stewards of our planet.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is "thanks". Took me long enough, didn't it?
I'm so glad we can find common ground in that...yay! Thanks so much for reading!

Quote:
: I can tell from your blogs & posts what a beautiful person you are. your energy is so warm, positive & kind
You are so sweet. Thanks!

Sara ::: Mama to Bella Grace & Lucy Mae Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. 1 Peter 3:4
#131 of 141 Old 04-01-2007, 03:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
You might want to reconsider this one...just recently, my scoop developed a crack in the handle and is almost unusable! Boo! I have no idea how it happened...the metal is just super soft and it cracked and bent.

#132 of 141 Old 04-01-2007, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I would also check your pewter stuff for lead. I heard that pewter often has lead in it. Though it wouldn't matter as much for something like a coffee scoop.

Don't mean to be a downer or anything!
#133 of 141 Old 04-01-2007, 07:39 PM

wah! That is crappy. Can you return it to where you got it?
I am loving your apt Delight and hope to paint some in our living room this week.
You inspire me in so many ways.
Emilie
#134 of 141 Old 04-01-2007, 07:49 PM

I thought you would like to check out this catalogue- they have a ton of stars I notice. And while I am not going to copy you and do stars I love how you have them over the doorways and things and wondered if you could think up some ideas for something similar to do the same thing with?
I can't think of anything readily availble.
http://www.thecountryhouse.com/
Thanks
Em
#135 of 141 Old 04-01-2007, 08:52 PM

I know I am totally stealing the stars idea too! I want to remove the big awful rectangle mirrior in my tiny bathroom and make a smaller (round) mosaic one and then get a couple stars to hang one on either side of it. (the bathroom is coming together slowly with a celestial theme) the pain needs touching up and I need to make a curtain for the window and repair a hole in the ceiling..

ok sorry to hijack

(Btw I started a decorating thread inspired by this one ) check it out!
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=646027

#136 of 141 Old 04-01-2007, 08:59 PM

I hope you don't mind but I shared your blog with some friends and we talked at length today about you in the church nursery. It is such an inspiration to see how your spiritual life is reflected by your living choices. It's convicted me (/us) to really take stock in what we hold on to.
#137 of 141 Old 04-05-2007, 10:43 AM

I love the pics of the finished space. What an inspiration. I am beginning to love my own house more because of your words. Thanks!
#138 of 141 Old 04-06-2007, 03:31 AM

Your place looks so cosy. I can imagine myself curling up on your couch and I love the rug! Great use of space. Have you ever read the book: Toyko a Certain Style? Its one of my fav little books about the use of space in Japanese houses.
#139 of 141 Old 04-22-2007, 12:48 AM

I'm so inspired! You are truly talented. I would like to be on your client list too! Maybe when you make it to the east coast? What an incredible gift.
#140 of 141 Old 05-09-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
I'm so inspired! You are truly talented. I would like to be on your client list too! Maybe when you make it to the east coast? What an incredible gift.
Ditto completely but replace east coast with west coast (again). Oh my goodness. We are looking for a place to rent right now, and just looking at the pictures and reading through this? Absolutely inspiring!
#141 of 141 Old 05-13-2007, 10:03 PM

Just wanted to let you know that the kids and I are moving into an apt and I am so thankful to have your pictures to look at as we make the transition! I hope to make our lives simple and beautiful!
thanks Sarah.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page