New here, and yard sale questions. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-25-2007, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, my name is Joanne and I am new to the website! Married 12 years and have three kids, 11, 6, and 22 mo. Live in Utah. I'm almost 34.

I stay at home, and struggle a lot to keep my house clean and organized. So far I am loving this forum, you seem like a great bunch of women!

I enjoy seeing all your house pics, and one of these days I will have to get brave and post mine

Now, my question,

Do you Ladies go to yard sales? I am addicted to them once Spring arrives, and it will be here soon. I am proud to say that I save a ton of money on my kids clothes this way. However, it's always tempting to bring someone else's clutter home as well.

How many of you shop yard sales and do you find this to be a big clutter contributor or do you do pretty good on limiting the junk? Can we be frugal AND clutter free?

Joanne
#2 of 4 Old 02-25-2007, 02:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I keep a list going of "looking for" things when I go to thrifts or yard sales. This helps a lot--half the time I think, huh, I didn't even see if they had a ____ or a ___ but I bring home some piece of crap that I didn't need. The list keeps me in line.
#3 of 4 Old 02-25-2007, 03:18 AM

Yeah, I usually have something I'm looking for when I go hunting. However, yes sometimes I end up bringing things home. Less and less as time goes on and I take the lesson of decluttering and simplicity to heart.

However, I've found that when I do buy something at a yard sale that ends up being useless, its much easier for me to get rid of it later, so it doesn't weigh me down the way other more expensive purchases do and I don't have as hard a time sending it back out the door again.

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#4 of 4 Old 02-25-2007, 03:49 AM

I love to yardsale. I'm in utah too and have had soooo much fun finding great deals on stuff I needed. Sarah

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page