I'm in though dh and I have been decluttering like mad-people the last few weeks (well, last weekend we basically "took off"
which is code for "did nothing!"). So far we have gone through everyone clothes, including children's clothing that is in the garage (we have all boys, so when one grows out of a set, it gets boxed for the next kiddo). We reduced basically everything by half. (It is so awesome to take those things to Goodwill knowing it will be treasured by someone somewhere.) We have also completed the February Kitchen Challenge. (The only piece not done is our old computer which is currently on one of my countertops ... it is almost cleared of old stuff and ready to be shipped back east to dh's friend.) What we are working on now is:
* Finish purging my "sewing" room and move fabric, machines, and table to the garage.
* Finish purging/organizing the play room, and move less-played-with toys to the garage for rotation.
* Move ds#1 into what will be my former sewing room.
* Move ds#3's clothing and diapers into ds#2's bedroom. (The baby will still sleep with us, but his clothes will finally be in the other bedroom and I'll just keep a small basket with some nighttime diapers and washcloths by our bed.)
* Purge boxes of old paperwork and schoolwork from dh and my college years.
* Purge old teacher-supply workbooks; I don't plan on using them with my kids as I'm taking a much more holistic approach to their education and the workbooks/idea books/etc are just taking up a bookshelf.
* Frame and hang pictures of the boys (I have so many cute pictures of them from holidays/birthdays when we got professional photos done ... they need to go on the wall). I also want to get a nice picture of dh and I taken to hang.
* Purchase bulletin boards - one for each of the boy's rooms and one for our kitchen.
I think that's all. Most things left are small things as we have done most of the major purging. The ones I want to do now are the purging of the sewing room and the playroom as that will give my older and middle sons both their own rooms (the baby probably won't sleep with ds#2 for at least another year if not longer) where they can spread out a bit, but also will clear out the playroom and in the long run, really help the boys with cleaning up better.
I love feeling the old energy leave the house when we are cleaning. Two weeks ago we started our major purge. The day we started I was in a bad mood, feeling cruddy, and had had a headache for a couple days. I felt that headache leave my body with each bag I filled for Goodwill. It was amazing how much better I felt emotionally and physically as we cleaned and purged.