What's on your bathroom counter? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 03-16-2007, 01:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
toothbrush holder, lotion dispenser, Sonic toothbrush, and soap dish...that's it. I like it spare.
#32 of 41 Old 03-16-2007, 08:34 AM

We have a soap holder, toothbrush holder, a candle.

Some things you could put on your counter that wouldn't attract stuff: picture frames, a vase with flowers, a plant, a little urn or box or something that COULD attract stuff, but it would be hidden.... Just make sure that whatever you get is easy to wipe down.
#33 of 41 Old 03-16-2007, 10:34 AM

Downstairs bathroom has:

-Soap dish
-Pretty bottle of moisturizer
-A freak plant that blossomed from seedlings into about 1.5' of weirdness in about 2 months. It's a pretty little freak-plant.

Main bathroom has:

-a cup that holds the kids' toothbrushes and toothpaste
-a basket with remnants of my Christmas present (bath soaps and oils and stuff) that I've been meaning to put away somewhere.
-liquid kid soap

My bathroom has:

-AN EXPLOSION OF CRAP EVERYWHERE!!! DD has this horrible habit of sneaking into my bathroom after we think she's fast asleep. She gets into everything. Two nights ago, I walked by the stairs to smell this strong perfume wafting down. I went up, and she had opened EVERY SINGLE BOTTLE OF PERFUME I OWN and smeared it all over herself and the washroom.

One of my jobs for this weekend is to clean/organize/declutter my bathroom, and get a doorknob lock for the door. :P It's the only washroom we keep medication in, and I don't want to take any chances.
#34 of 41 Old 03-16-2007, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nikki~ View Post
My bathroom has:

-AN EXPLOSION OF CRAP EVERYWHERE!!! DD has this horrible habit of sneaking into my bathroom after we think she's fast asleep. She gets into everything. Two nights ago, I walked by the stairs to smell this strong perfume wafting down. I went up, and she had opened EVERY SINGLE BOTTLE OF PERFUME I OWN and smeared it all over herself and the washroom.

One of my jobs for this weekend is to clean/organize/declutter my bathroom, and get a doorknob lock for the door. :P It's the only washroom we keep medication in, and I don't want to take any chances.
OMG! I mean, , but OMG. My toddler is that kind of kid, it's one of the main reasons I'm decluttering--to hide all that kind of stuff!

I've been thinking and thinking about this, and I think I've narrowed it down to one of two things--a small, nice basket that I'll roll the hand towels and put them in, since we actually use them and they won't just sit and gather dust, OR a nice decorative, closed box, like sparkprincess suggested. That way I can still toss my watch and jewelry in there but they'll be hidden. I prefer the closed box, but since funds are tight right now, I think it will have to be the basket and towels idea for the time being, since I already own those. Plus, I think it will be less tempting for little hands than a "treasure chest" will I'll keep my eyes open for a garage sale or thrift store find though (hooray spring!).

And Kewpie, oh, I love pedestal sinks. This huge counter thing so irks me--what an expanse of wasted space! I could have put a nice tall cabinet there and gotten so much more use out of the whole area. Unfortunately, the bath was redone right before we moved it--the 1940s kitchen with semi-working appliances is a higher priority for the foreseeable future

Thanks for all the advice, everyone. I'm actually pretty proud of myself that I have managed to keep that space clear of products for as long as I have. It's huge progress around here.

Melissa, a homeschooling, caffix.gif-guzzling, SAHM of two: reading.gif (11) and joy.gif(8)
#35 of 41 Old 03-16-2007, 12:39 PM

A lot of stuff! Our counter is quite high and ds can't reach up there so anything I'd normally put in the drawer that I'm worried about being broken or spilled is on the counter. It will be different once we are moved though.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#36 of 41 Old 03-16-2007, 01:12 PM

right now, as we speak ..
starting on the left i have a tall candle holder and a shorter one with beeswax candles for showering in the dim light or for deodorising.. then there is a soap holder with soap in it. on the right side is a ceramic cup with toothbrushes, toothpaste. a handpump of organic laveder handsoap.. kids weleda toothpaste. a jar of body cream and a pumper thingy too ( i love my cream!) 2 bottles of Eo's (teatree, lavender) the ointment for my tattoo (comfrey salve) a bottle of GSE and a toilet paper roll

i do declutter the counter often and put things in their rightful places, but its friday and man im tired.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#37 of 41 Old 03-16-2007, 01:30 PM

We have a large vanity with double sinks in our master bath. Our toothbrush holder is on DH's side, and on my side is a very small matching glass bowl that holds my hair pins, elastics, tweezers, etc. Between the two sinks are a few toiletries that I use every single morning/evening -- my Eucerin calming cream, my eye makeup remover, my deodorant, and maybe one other thing I'm not remembering. I keep a hand towel rolled up alongside those things. We also each have a bottle of hand soap sitting on the side of our sinks.

The only things on the kids' bathroom counter are a ducky hand towel and a bottle of hand soap.
#38 of 41 Old 03-16-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewpie View Post
Nothing! One of the many benefits of pedistal sinks!
Ditto!

And the person who said they have a puddle from their messy face washing. Also ditto! Except with the (tiny) pedestal sink my puddle was all over the floor. So now I lean over the bathtub to wash my face. DH is much happier.

Allison, mom to ds born May 2002
#39 of 41 Old 03-16-2007, 05:23 PM

The downstairs bathroom has pump soap bottle, dh's razor and shavegel.

Upstairs bathroom is the girls and has a pump soap, and a few toys.

Hmmmm I am proud of us
#40 of 41 Old 03-20-2007, 01:06 AM

We have no bathroom counter. The only horizontal surface we have in our bathroom is the top of the sink, which is about six inches deep and 24 inches wide. We keep a soap dispenser and a lotion dispenser on it.

thalia loves Jesus and DH wordyeight and DD#1 : 8/2007 and DD#2 9/2010
and remembering: little turtle 5/23/2006 and poppyseed 7/15/2009
#41 of 41 Old 03-20-2007, 01:14 AM

I hate clutter. I have our toothbrushes in the tooth brush holder and a bottle of hand soap. Thats it. Yes, it looks empty, but then there is less to clean.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page