Wedding Dress - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 04-16-2007, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have mine sealed in one of those bags that you attach your vaccuum to, so it doesn't take up alot of space. I remember trying my mom's on when I was little and I felt like a princess, so I saved mine so dd could put it on and play. I am not counting on her wanting to wear it one day (it is beautiful, but most brides want their own dress.)

BTW, I also saved some bridesmaid's dresses so that when dd dresses up, I put them on and we dress up together. It's so much fun! She's the princess and I'm the queen (or so she tells me.) I thought dh was going to pi$$ himself laughing when he came downstairs and saw me in a purple bridesmaid dress, with elbow length white gloves, angel wings on my back, and my old tap shoes on (ouch!) cooking bacon on a Saturday morning!

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#32 of 36 Old 04-16-2007, 04:34 PM

My wedding dress is a one of a kind renaissance style gown. I was thinking of trying to sell or donate it to a costume shop, but I wonder if anyone has a better idea.
#33 of 36 Old 04-16-2007, 05:06 PM

Make a hanky to give to your duaghters on their wedding day. Make a wedding dress for their favorite teddy bear.

You can also make hankies for sons to give to their brides on their wedding day.
#34 of 36 Old 04-16-2007, 09:29 PM

Another idea I'd like to share, for those who want to make something out of theirs, for themselves or as gifts to children when they get married is to use the material to cover a mat for a picture in a frame I would totally do this... if I had a dress. I didn't have a fancy wedding.
#35 of 36 Old 04-17-2007, 03:33 AM

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with an uncleaned wedding dress hanging in their closet!!

Thanks for that link... I think I might donate it!

Melonee, mom to Chloe 03/21/03 ribboncesarean.gif, Cooper 02/02/2007 vbac.gif, and Piper 12/27/09  vbac.gif
#36 of 36 Old 04-17-2007, 11:28 AM

My dress is still hanging in the guest room closet with a big pepsi stain down the front of it (thanks to H's friend). We celebrate our 3rd anniversary next Monday!

Mummy to two,  vbac.gif winner.jpgsigncirc1.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page