Ethics when freecycling...?? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
Organize & Declutter > Ethics when freecycling...??
Momily's Avatar Momily 10:58 PM 03-23-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by godusjourney View Post
Retarded I know.

Can you phrase this a different way? For people with developmental disabilities, or those of us who love someone who has developmental disabilities seeing the words "retard" or "retarded" used as an insult is incredibly painful.

L&IsMama's Avatar L&IsMama 02:31 PM 03-24-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momily View Post
Can you phrase this a different way? For people with developmental disabilities, or those of us who love someone who has developmental disabilities seeing the words "retard" or "retarded" used as an insult is incredibly painful.
Yeah,that.
rsps's Avatar rsps 04:32 PM 03-24-2007
It your choice. We just got a e-mail for the local freecycle administrator with tips, and they recommend not giveing to the first person, but to wait 24 hours and then to choose someone who is polite and corospondes over a few e-mails politley -- this is supposed to help cut down on no shows since apparently some people just ask for everyhting as fast as they can and then later decide they don't really want it.

rebecca
rsps's Avatar rsps 04:51 PM 03-24-2007
I tend to use freecycle for things that would be wierd for charity's (a bag of old fabric scraps) or hard to drop off (a screen door we wanted to get rid of) I still take most good books/toys etc. to a local charity.

I tried to give away some vaucmn cleaner bags on freecylce for a vacumn we no longer had (2 unopened packages + one open) no takers. I actually took the unopened ones back to the store and got credit (no recipet -- I'd bought them at least a year before) and sold the opened package on ebay.
godusjourney's Avatar godusjourney 07:46 PM 03-24-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momily View Post

Mucho apologies. Carryover from teenagehood. A slang word that needs to be deleted (it seems there's plenty of those from time to time). I meant ridiculous. Sorry to whom ever that offended!! Wasn't intentional.

Sarah
L&IsMama's Avatar L&IsMama 01:01 AM 03-25-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by godusjourney View Post
Mucho apologies. Carryover from teenagehood. A slang word that needs to be deleted (it seems there's plenty of those from time to time). I meant ridiculous. Sorry to whom ever that offended!! Wasn't intentional.

Sarah
No problem.
1  2

Up