April Office Area Challenge - Come Join! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
April "Everyone do the same room" Challenge - The Office or Office Area!!

By popular vote the third Monthly One Room Challenge will be the Office! The idea behind the Monthly One Room Challenge is to have us all work on the same room in our houses together! (If you want more background, you can see the discussion of this idea here and the poll (now closed) here, or last month's challenge here! - though reading those threads aren't necessary to understand)

Here is how it works:

1. Take pictures! Make sure to take pictures of everything - open all the closets, drawers, etc. Show us all the various spaces inside and out.

2. Post your before pictures on this thread by April 7th or so. (Just a guideline to get you motivated!) Copy and paste the form below and answer the questions (and feel free to add your own if you think of them!). Give us a tour of your kitchen, point out your problem areas, what you want to change, point out what you like. Feel free to ask for others opinions or advice! Use the form I've posted below - tell us your plan of action and checklist if you have one. Of course you can enter midmonth, I just put the date to encourage people to get their pictures up in the first week so we have the month to work!

3. Declutter, Organize and Simplify away! Use each other on this thread for support, advice and inspiration! Feel free to share more pictures along the way if it inspires you or if you are excited about something maybe someone else might like to try too! Feel free to include decorating and other homemaking activities in this challenge if that is part of your plan for your room.

4. April 30th - Post your before and after pictures! Ding Ding Ding - time is up! At the end of the month, we'll all take pictures of how our roomslook and post them with the original shots for a before and after! Heap each other with praise and admiration for a job well done!

Notes:

The inspiration for this idea is that we all be working on the same room, or similar ones, so lets try to keep this thread to discussions of Office Area. Next month we'll pick a different room to work on (or if you think there are enough people interested, start a challenge for those of you who are done with your Office!). Please don't let this discourage you from working on another room, I'm just asking that if you want help with another room, please just post on another thread. The Monthly challenge thread is always lively and a good place for posting that sort of thing.

You are welcome to participate without sharing pictures if you like, I just think it will be fun to share visuals to help each other brainstorm as well as have the fun of seeing the before and after shots. So many of us had fun sharing pictures of how our houses looked dirty, I figured we'd really get a kick out of showing off what we've done. However, feel free to join and contribute without pictures if you prefer.

CUT and PASTE this form to "enter" the challenge:

MY OFFICE BEDROOM PICTURE TOUR

WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT MY OFFICE AREA (Include a picture!)

WHAT I LIKE LEAST ABOUT MY OFFICE BEDROOM

HOT SPOTS (spots in your room that tend to collect clutter)

MY PLAN OF ACTION - here is where you can be as agressive or laid back as you like. If you want to list a series of goals

Photobucket Tutorial
If you don't know how to post your pictures, here is a quick tutorial. Feel free to ask for help! www.photobucket.com is a free site you can upload and share pictures from, feel free to use whatever method you wish, I just thought I'd post this for anyone who didn't know how to share their pictures.

1. Take your pictures with your digital camera - if you have a really high megapixel camera, take the pictures on a lower size and compression setting so they are not excessively large to make upload times quick - download the pictures as usual.

2. Go to www.photobucket.com - click 'join now' in the upper right corner, or the big red register button in the middle left. Follow the instructions for opening an account.

3. Once you have an account, go to www.photobucket.com and login in the upper left corner. After logging in you will be presented with a page which says 'Upload Images and Videos' - Click the 'add more images' link below the choose and image box, this will give you more boxes.

4. In each box, select browse and find your picture on your computer, you need to select a seperate image in each text box. If your run out of boxes, select 'add even more' - 20 is the limit at any one time, so if you have more than that, upload the first 20 and repeat this step and the next.

5. Once you have selected all the images, click the upload box. It will take a little while to upload. Once its uploaded, it will have an offwhite box in the center of the screen that says 'images uploaded' but otherwise looks the same as the previous screen. Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you will see your uploaded images.

6. Beneath each image is 3 text boxes. For each image you want to share, select the URL in the 'URL Link' text box and cut and paste it into your post. The link will automatically become 'active' (blue and clickable) once you submit your post. If you want to have active text like this, rather than a url like this http://www.mothering.com/, then write out hte text you want to be linked, highlight it, then click the little world with the link in the formatting bar above the post box (under the smiley face) and paste the URL into that box and click okay. It will enter the appropriate formatting into your post box.

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 11:17 AM

WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT MY OFFICE AREA (Include a picture!) Will add a pic when I get home from work. What I like best? Probably my computers, themselves. I don't actually like ANYTHING about the room.

WHAT I LIKE LEAST ABOUT MY OFFICE The desks, although that can't change right now. They're in bad shape (old Ikea desks that are weak from being moved too many times.) They're going in the garbage before our next move, and we'll replace them with sturdier ones.

HOT SPOTS (spots in your room that tend to collect clutter) The desks! We tend to bring drinks down and leave the cups there, or bring snacks down and leave the garbage. It's horrible. We need to do something about it.

MY PLAN OF ACTION Ideally, I'd like to:

-paint the room
-change the room around
-remove the two broken computers, and the third desk that just collects clutter
-add a garbage can
-add an area to organize the design projects I'm currently working on
#3 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 11:49 AM

This is my first one-room challenge...

Thalia's Office Photo Tour
Main view of the room:
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/IMG_1795.jpg
Corner with desk:
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/IMG_1802.jpg
Close up of desk:
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/IMG_1828.jpg
Printer stand area:
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/IMG_1801.jpg
Interior of printer stand
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/IMG_1820.jpg
Office closet area:
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/IMG_1807.jpg
Interior of closet:
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/IMG_1813.jpg
My laptop area:
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/IMG_1811.jpg
Bookshelf & filing cabinets & recycling center/shredder:
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/IMG_1799.jpg

WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT MY OFFICE AREA:
I love our big bookshelf that is sitting on top of our horizontal files. It looks like a built in unit. I decluttered this last month, so that has a lot to do with why I like it so much.
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/IMG_1799.jpg

WHAT I LIKE LEAST ABOUT MY OFFICE AREA:
The desk. It used to be just for DH because he was self-employed and worked from home. Now he works full-time out of the home (for someone else), and we want to make it more of a family desk. But it is piled with stuff on top and below. It's one of the first things you see when you walk in the room. Cords everywhere, piles of paper, cassette tapes, old notebooks, mystery boxes. Argh!
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/IMG_1802.jpg
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/IMG_1828.jpg

HOT SPOTS:
The desk (see above). The little table next to my armchair. The two chairs next to the radiator. The little space next to the printer. And the chairs collect DH's shirts and the floor collects my socks and shoes.

MY PLAN OF ACTION -
*Reorganize the interior of the printer stand DONE!
*Get DH to take the aerobed sitting on a chair downstairs DONE!
*Copy cassettes to digital format and purge
*Freecycle unneeded office supplies under desk DONE!
*Have DH sort through his files in the filing cabinet and purge to make space
*Move files on top of desk to open space in filing cabinet
*Sort through last drawer of filing cabinet that I haven't already decluttered
*Organize scary cords running everywhere and put into cable snakes
*Move boxes under desk to storage
*Sort closet and purge unneeded items DONE!
*Find a new home for all of our tools and hardware DONE!
*Have DH sort through photos in box on floor next to closet (not pictured)
*Put photos in an album or storage box
*Sort through containers on table next to laptop

Whew!:

thalia loves Jesus and DH wordyeight and DD#1 : 8/2007 and DD#2 9/2010
and remembering: little turtle 5/23/2006 and poppyseed 7/15/2009
#4 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 12:22 PM

This is my first challenge!

MY OFFICE PICTURE TOUR
here is my little "office corner"
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...ice1before.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...ice2before.jpg

WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT MY OFFICE AREA
Not much, it's just a desk on one end of our family room. I do have quite a bit of storage, but I need to make better use of it.

WHAT I LIKE LEAST ABOUT MY OFFICE
Not enough work space, I would like to move our playroom to the family room and the office area into the extra bedroom.

Desktop, storage shelves. Pretty much the whole area ends up being a catch all.

MY PLAN OF ACTION - here is where you can be as aggressive or laid back as you like. If you want to list a series of goals
-take all papers out of drawers and sort, shred/burn what we don't need
-remove contents of all shelves, sort and organize
-clear off desktop, wipe down, keep out minimal items

Jenn: WOHM to a big girl (7/03), a medium girl (8/07), and a little girl (12/10)
#5 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

So, I actually got distracted from the master bedroom challenge by my office, so I've done most of it, though there are still some boxes of 'donate' stuff I need to take care of, and some odds and ends, but I did take some before pictures, so I'll post them when I get a chance.

#6 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 01:16 PM

CUT and PASTE this form to "enter" the challenge:

MY OFFICE PICTURE TOUR
just took pics so coming soon... I'll edit and add them

this picture and my big desk, although at the same time I hate the big desk...

DH's crap , so small, part of living room

DH's desk (my desk too at times)
floor

MY PLAN OF ACTION
Soon I hope the office will move upstairs (room is drywalled and has 2 coats of mud, needs to be sanded and mudded again, painted etc. So it will be awhile. So to make the area easier to move into a nice big area upstairs I want to:
1) go through the papers and file them
2) set both of us up with a place to store cards/letters
3) get rid of the bag of clothes by my desk
4) get another underbed storage container for DH for his old cameras (they're migrating everywhere)
5) move the empty boxes that electronics came in somewhere else.
6) figure out where to store "seasonal" stuffed animals so we can display them only during the appropriate season (no DH will NOT let me get rid of them!)
7) deside what to do with the GRE book.
#7 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 01:21 PM

well i don't really have an office, but since our computer and desk are in the living room, i am going to call it an office,
i have to think about a plan of action... will post more later
#8 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No office for me, either, but my computer desk needs an overhaul, to be sure. I will use this time to do something with all my files.
#9 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowenTherapist View Post
well i don't really have an office, but since our computer and desk are in the living room, i am going to call it an office,
i have to think about a plan of action... will post more later
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaS View Post
No office for me, either, but my computer desk needs an overhaul, to be sure. I will use this time to do something with all my files.
That's why its the office or office area challenge, whatever works for you

#10 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 02:47 PM

coming later...

It's by the windows and is pretty bright
It's in a corner of the living room so I can keep an eye on my kids while I'm at the desk/computer
Desk has lots of drawer space

No curtains/blinds on windows so it gets too hot and bright in the afternoon
The fact that it's in the living room makes it almost too easy to get online
It's a flat surface in a room with few of them (besides the floor) and so it is a huge junk collection site
I want one of those new thin, flat computer monitors!!! But that is not in the budget and probably never will be til this monitor breaks down.
I can't use all the drawer space for its intended purpose because the kids like to get into them. So much of the stuff from the drawers is in boxes at the side of the desk.

top of desk, top of monitor, space between desk and wall

MY PLAN OF ACTION - here is where you can be as agressive or laid back as you like. If you want to list a series of goals.
Clean out desk drawers and their associated boxes mentioned under dislikes - make sure I still need to have everything that's there

Declutter desktop and monitor top, dust everything thoroughly

Get some kind of window treatment for windows here. This is budgeted for this month actually, and I have some ideas already.

Get some sort of in/out boxes for the desktop - develop a "system" for handling bills and other papers etc.
#11 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Subbing, but I'll have to catch up with this tonight or tomorrow...I'm excited though, because my "office" (which lives in my kitchen ) needs a major overhaul!

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
#12 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 04:09 PM

Count me in! Though I can't post pics.

The main issue in my office is that I cannot do a thing to DH's stuff - and it's mostly his stuff in the office. I'm using that for motivation to minimize MY stuff so the remaining mess is all his to deal with. LOL.

I think I can downsize or thoughtfully relocate about half of MY things in the office. So that is my goal.

Amanda, mom to Everest (12), Alden (10-1/2), Ellery (7-1/2), & Avery (6)
#13 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 04:17 PM

My office area is my craft room. I have gotten rid of lots, but there's still more to do.

WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT MY OFFICE AREA (Include a picture!) I love that it's mine. I also love the large window.

WHAT I LIKE LEAST ABOUT MY OFFICE BEDROOM I don't like how easily things get out of control in there. I also don't like that I have to keep the kitty litter box in my closet, but there's really no where else in the house to put it.

HOT SPOTS (spots in your room that tend to collect clutter) anything horizontal including the floor :

MY PLAN OF ACTION - here is where you can be as agressive or laid back as you like. If you want to list a series of goals

I intend to go through the bins and drawers and get rid of even more things. I also want to finish putting dh's childhood pics in the album so they won't be cluttering up my workspace anymore.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...p/100_3366.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...p/100_3367.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...p/100_3368.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...p/100_3370.jpg
#14 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 04:24 PM

Will post later

WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT MY OFFICE AREA Situated in only a small area so I am not taking up a huge amount of space. I can keep and eye onDS since it is in the living room

WHAT I LIKE LEAST ABOUT MY OFFICE AREAI have no where to put anything or I have too much stuff

HOT SPOTS (spots in your room that tend to collect clutter)The whole area

Clear off my desk
Redo my filing cabinet
Go through office supplies
Set up mail system
bring office materials in from the garage
bring in larger filing cabinet

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" --Leonardo Da Vinci
 blogging.jpg  780/2014 decluttered

#15 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 04:53 PM

MY OFFICE BEDROOM PICTURE TOUR - coming soon ( i always say that. )

WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT MY OFFICE AREA - i like all the work i've already done. so i like seeing the floor. i like not seeing all the random electronics and parts that are now safely stowed away in the closet. i love my filing cabinets even though i haven't really put them to good use yet. my posters.

WHAT I LIKE LEAST ABOUT MY OFFICE AREA - there is a stack of boxes currently functioning as a table for the wireless thingie. the x-box just sitting there waiting for kellen to knock it over. the three boxes waiting for me to go thru them. the extra tv just taking up space.

HOT SPOTS - the aformentioned boxes. the desktop. the closet. well we're recovering closet stuffers

MY PLAN OF ACTION - i'm going to go thru the danged boxes. find something else to use for a table besides a stack of boxes. throw away (or even better, recycle) the boxes. finish postering the walls. i would love to covert this room into an office/craft room.
#16 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 05:37 PM

My Office Area Tour (don't hate me, I did most of my decluttering 2 weeks ago - I'm on the Treasure Map deadline of April 17th): http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...mxZtRU&notag=1

WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT MY OFFICE AREA My desk and the compactness of it all. The office is centrally located in the house (in the living room), which means that all our time spent on the computer is not time hidden away from the family.

WHAT I LIKE LEAST ABOUT MY OFFICE AREA
It's in the living room. This means that if someone wants to use the computer when company is over, they either can't or it's right there in front of everyone. Also, we do need some quiet space for ourselves since I write and DH is a PhD student. As it is, we just have a laptop and we leave.

The drawers, the cabinets. I'm a big "hide it away" kind of clutter-er. Which isn't so terrible because at least it's away, but then sometimes things hang around for awhile longer than they need to.

MY PLAN OF ACTION - clean out the filing cabinet, clean out the tiny drawers, finish DS2's baby book.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#17 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 08:05 PM

I have the same horizontal "issue" with my office area. I had to chime in to say I love the green table & chair, and I just love seeing the baskets in use (ex-consultant here LOL!)

Carey
#18 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 08:15 PM

For those of you impressed with my bedroom from last month, now you'll see my weak spot

center view: Inside the cabinets is very neat and organized (mostly because all the cr@p is on the desktop!!!)

DH's side: DH works from home most days, however his job requires NO papers. (He doesn't handle any household papers - mail, bills, receipts, warranties, product manuals, etc)

My mess: The mess.

I love the hickory cabinets and custom countertop. The chairs are very comfy and perfect for NAKing

My messiness. I am the WORST when it comes to filing papers.

HOT SPOTS
Surface areas (see pics)

MY PLAN OF ACTION
* Create a filing system that WORKS!
* Shred old bank statements (done last month cheating, I know!)
* Add "display" items to the cabinets w/glass doors
* File or recycle ALL loose paper -- on desk, in boxes, etc
* Perhaps get rid of the plastic drawers on the left side. I'm waffling on this one - they fit perfectly in there!
* Sell the loveseat in the picture (on the right - you can only see the arm.)
* Get a wall organizer for the wall on the right side of the room (near the printer)?
#19 of 78 Old 04-02-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthasam View Post

I love the hickory cabinets and custom countertop. The chairs are very comfy and perfect for NAKing
Oooh, I love those cabinets! And the chairs! And that you each have your own space. I have my own space (an armchair and laptop with desk) and it's great for lounging, but not so good for when I am in work mode.

thalia loves Jesus and DH wordyeight and DD#1 : 8/2007 and DD#2 9/2010
and remembering: little turtle 5/23/2006 and poppyseed 7/15/2009
#20 of 78 Old 04-03-2007, 01:06 AM

Count me in! This is my first monthly one room challenge, and it's going to be a busy month, too - but I hope I can get it all done! Our digital camera is STILL wonky, so I have no photos yet.

I like that the space is multi-functional. It is both our office, and the guest room. There is a door out to a deck (with a hammock!).

The neon blue walls (yes, you read that right), white carpet (two little kids), lack of storage. Also, there is a door/window on every wall - sometimes two per wall - which makes the layout tricky. You must go through this room to get to the bathroom.

Everywhere! I have a real problem with keeping the paper at bay, and the office is a dumping ground for all of it.

• Remove the old computer desk and figure out a way for 2 computers to sensibly coexist on one desk. The room is just not big enough for two desks!
  • Attack the piles of paper - it's either filed, shredded, or recycled
  • Clear the desk once and for all. This will require finding a home for everything AND staying on top of the paper.

If I have time:
  • Repaint!
  • Paint and install shelving for storage. I already have some pretty boxes that will go on the shelves once they're up, so I can make sure everything is contained properly whether or not the shelves actually get up.
  • Sew and install curtains
  • Put something up on the walls
#21 of 78 Old 04-03-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
Oooh, I love those cabinets! And the chairs! And that you each have your own space. I have my own space (an armchair and laptop with desk) and it's great for lounging, but not so good for when I am in work mode.
Thanks! We created this space when we moved in about 5 years ago. At that time, we both had jobs where we did work at home, so we needed 2 work areas. The center piece has a rolltop (but you can't see it because of all the junk in front : ) The rest of this room is DD's play room -- the room is officially the "formal" living room of the house, so you see it when you come in the front door.

Thalia, I forgot to say -- I love the paint color in your room!
#22 of 78 Old 04-03-2007, 11:16 AM

Hi all- this is my first challenge! I hope that this will be motivation I need- I get so overwhelmed that I look about our clutter and would rather do ANYTHING but deal with my house- right now I would rather do the TAXES!!!

WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT MY OFFICE AREA (Include a picture!)The location- it is the breakfast nook- so I am in the middle of the house and keep an eye on the kids/dinner on the stove etc...

the clutter, computer wires, it is not organized at all, the wall paper

anything with a horizontal surface (including the floor)

1. Organize the cubby holes on the file organizer so that it isn't just a big paper holder
2. deal with computer wires
3. organize the desk- declutter
4. replace/or organize the plastic file cabinet
5. would love to rip the wallpaper off and paint/ or cork wallpaper? but probably won't happen, get rid of knick knack shelf, hide telephone wires somehow, get rid of diaper changing area in walkway.
6. clear off counter

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y10...0/100_0270.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y10...0/100_0269.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y10...0/100_0268.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y10...0/100_0267.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y10...0/100_0265.jpg
#23 of 78 Old 04-03-2007, 11:36 AM

Thanks Carey. I love the green table too. I think it was my very first furniture purchase when dh and I got married. It's served lots of different purposes for me. It actually has an enamel top. It just cracks me up because it's such a kluge (sp?-I'm not sure I've ever typed that word before ). The chair come from my mom who spotted it in a trash pile and thought it looked like me, so she asked if she could have it. I love it! Not all of the baskets are LB, but a lot are. I like them, but I want it to look a little more uniform in there, so I haven't decided what to do.

anthasam-I love your cabinetry, too. It's gorgeous. I dream of the day when our nomadic life will end and I can do custom things to my house.
#24 of 78 Old 04-03-2007, 11:58 AM

I want to join. I have to be motivated. We just moved in, but we are short on cash and storage solutions of any price are not going to happen so I search for free stuff. We'll see.

http://http://farm1.static.flickr.com/231/465037883_4bf9f0a432.jpg?v=0

It's a separate room and I love the desk. Garage sale find.

We have no storage solutions for all the office stuff. We just move and left everything behind.

The whole thing, we just moved in.

MY PLAN OF ACTION

To get it done.
#25 of 78 Old 04-03-2007, 12:23 PM

Boosmom, welcome! Is that a chalkboard area on your wall in the second pic? We are thinking of making one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
anthasam-I love your cabinetry, too. It's gorgeous. I dream of the day when our nomadic life will end and I can do custom things to my house.
Thanks We are considering moving - and taking our office wall with us When DH and I installed it, we made sure we could easily remove it! Nothing was glued to the wall (only screws for the upper cabinets) and nothing was drilled through the hardwood floor. If we moved and took it down, all we would have to do is spackle the wall!
#26 of 78 Old 04-03-2007, 05:15 PM

Wow - this is a great idea. I don't know that I'll be able to post timely pictures but I'll try to get them soon. I'll be back tonight to talk about the office.
#27 of 78 Old 04-04-2007, 12:14 AM

Yes- It is a paint you can buy- at a hardware store. I have seen the paint that is chalkboard paint and has something added to make it magnetic too- online somewhere. It is kind of pricey but I may repaint it with the magnetic stuff someday!!

Progress today was slow- I managed to transfer all the info from my big bulky rolodex into my address book planner. So that got moved into the donate bag. I also got terribly sidetracked with my tupperware cabinet. I will focus tomorrow on my desk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthasam View Post
Boosmom, welcome! Is that a chalkboard area on your wall in the second pic? We are thinking of making one.
#28 of 78 Old 04-04-2007, 01:01 AM

Pictures are here. Our office area is our smallest bedroom as well as my desk which is currently in our front room.
(Folder also includes pics from last month's challenge )
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3253261...7594570317352/

The walls. The room used to be ds1's and is painted in beautiful baby colors.

Everything but the paint. It's crowded, small, and hot.

entire room is a hotspot

MY PLAN OF ACTION
- move dresser downstairs to basement and store games in it
- rearrange dh's computer desk and the regular desk
- put up pack n play for ds2's naps
- move my computer desk from front room to family room, move loveseat to front room
- contact LLL person about the stuff I have for her
- organize other LLL materials
- organize doula biz materials
- acquire filing cabinet, organize important papers in it
- finish and decorate belly cast, hang up
- sell camera equipment (...maybe)
- clean closet, move some of DS1's things into it
- buy garbage can and a shredder
- find, frame, and hang diplomas and certificates on wall
- move toddler bed elsewhere (basement? set up in bedroom?)

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#29 of 78 Old 04-04-2007, 03:03 AM

these are my small goals.

the center desk drawer. i will become organize and fill it with things that are ok for ds to play with.

transfer all phone numbers to one adress book
#30 of 78 Old 04-04-2007, 11:52 AM

Still need to pull pics off... Last evening I took 30 min and cleared out my file box from college-tossed a bunch of stuff and filed the rest in the file drawers except those long legal documents (mortgage etc) that don't fit. They are back in a drawer.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page