Another clothing/wardrobe question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-18-2007, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm currently 7 months pregnant. I'm considering donating all or most of my clothing and starting completely over after this baby is born. I feel blah even thinking about the worry that comes with fitting into and looking good in old prepregnancy clothes, and most of the things I already have, I didn't feel great in before I got pregnant.

My question is, how much and what items should I buy? I WOH five days a week in a pretty casual office environment. We're allowed to wear jeans whenever, but I try to limit that to one day per week, and I wear mostly dress pants and dressy tops otherwise. On the weekends, anything goes. I have a pretty large amount of closet space, so space is not really an issue, but I feel really overwhelmed with the amount of clothes I have now. I think about how much more peaceful and organized I would feel if I had a small wardrobe of things I absolutely love, rather than a huge wardrobe of clothes I feel blah about.

So, if you were me and were starting over with your wardrobe, how many items would you buy, and what items? Any advice, tips, and suggestions will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-18-2007, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GOD WOULD I LOVE TO DO THAT!!!

1) Plain but cool white button up!!! I love how many things you can do(vest, sweater over it or just some cool necklaces)
2) a really nice suit that comes with pants and a skirt!! that way you have the best of both worlds
3) some really nice dark denim jeans..simple jeans that fiit really well..those can be dressed up or down
4)a really cute pair of sneakers, heels and heeled boots!! I love shoes
5)a nice wrap dress!!! in black(i think thats what id go for!!)

Biggest advice spend 90% of your budget on classic pieces that wont go out of style and 10% on trendy items(cool necklaces,belts ect)

HAVE FUN!!!

mommy daddy son daughter = our family

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page