going to try and word this right... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 04-26-2007, 03:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caeden&connersmom View Post
Yes yes and yes! I feel guilty cause Im not more (Insert MDC adjective, hehe)

I didnt CD, I did BF but not for years, I love to grow my own food and would love some animals, I LONG to be self sufficient and at the same time I LONG to have nice things and be comfortable!! (Like looking through magazines and seeing a to die for kitchen! Ours is a mess and I would SO LOVE to have a nice kitchen to cook in!!)

I love my 1750 sq ft house and we have plans for an addition, at the very same time I wish we could move into a one room cabin in the woods! :

!
Ha ha, I was laughing as I read this because I *so* know what you mean! We're moving to Louisville so we've really had to recently examine where we want to live, what kind of lifestyle is for us, etc. I saw the cutest little farm for sale online, about 1 1/2 hours from where DH is going to be working, and was fantasizing about having a little farm and some chickens and maybe a couple of goats . . . but then I have to realize that most of my houseplants die due to neglect and I don't even like scooping dog poo from my yard, and I go crazy if I'm at home too much, and I want to live within five minutes of a coffee shop and a health food store, and we travel a fair amount and it's hard enough to find someone to housesit and watch our dogs--I can't imagine we'd be able to easily find someone to come and dependably milk the goats ,etc etc.--so I don't think that makes me a really great candidate for subsistence farming or rural living!!!!
#32 of 34 Old 04-26-2007, 10:04 AM

see I am so NOT into this movement.

I am decluttering -- kinda cuz DH and both were past 30 when we married, him almost 40 -- so I am still trying to pair two houses down to one. And cuz I want to be able to use all the stuff i keep without dealing with the c%^p.

BUT I have 3 sets of china -- and love them all. (in addition to daily dises). I have 2 sets of sliver. I have another set of sliver to come fraom my Grandparents, and 2 more set fo china -- one from each Grandma. I also have baby clothing that belonged to me and to my parents and MY GRANDPARENTS and enough photos to start a musum.

And we live in a 2000 sq foot house and and NEED MORE ROOM. We will add 750 or so, maybe a full 1000 when we do the basement adn it is still not gonna be enough for me, if we move again, for dh's work, we agreed BIGGER.

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#33 of 34 Old 04-26-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavita View Post
Ha ha, I was laughing as I read this because I *so* know what you mean! We're moving to Louisville so we've really had to recently examine where we want to live, what kind of lifestyle is for us, etc. I saw the cutest little farm for sale online, about 1 1/2 hours from where DH is going to be working, and was fantasizing about having a little farm and some chickens and maybe a couple of goats . . . but then I have to realize that most of my houseplants die due to neglect and I don't even like scooping dog poo from my yard, and I go crazy if I'm at home too much, and I want to live within five minutes of a coffee shop and a health food store, and we travel a fair amount and it's hard enough to find someone to housesit and watch our dogs--I can't imagine we'd be able to easily find someone to come and dependably milk the goats ,etc etc.--so I don't think that makes me a really great candidate for subsistence farming or rural living!!!!
Oh man, thank you for the laugh! We're going on our first family vacation with all the kids and the biggest pain in the butt is finding someone to watch our dog (not fully trained and probably never will be) and cat (just got over a UTI and is eating raw food for his health). So the idea that I could add to this with "please come over daily and milk my goats" is making me laugh
#34 of 34 Old 04-26-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybethorama View Post
this thread is reminding me of the "crunchier than thou" threads we have sometimes.

....our house is 100 SQ FT and we all share ONE BOWL, ONE SPOON and ONE KNIFE. We're so simple we don't NEED forks or plates."
That had me laughing out loud...HARD!

Sabrina , mom to 4 fab kids!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page