Okay, with 10 votes the Play/Spare room takes it! This could be your kids play area, your basement, your guest room, etc. Garage was a close 2nd with 7 votes. I hope someone will take up leading the Garage challenge!
I'm copying the all Mighty Moo's instructions!
Hope you have a good month off! Here is how it works:
1. Clean and tidy your room like you would any day - don't delve into organizing and decluttering yet, just get it to its typical everyday clean/picked up state.
2. Take pictures! Make sure to take pictures of everything - open all the closets, drawers, etc. Show us all the various spaces inside and out.
3. Post your before pictures on this thread by May 7th. (Just a guideline to get you motivated!) Copy and paste the form below and answer the questions (and feel free to add your own if you think of them!). Give us a tour of your room, point out your problem areas, what you want to change, point out what you like. Feel free to ask for others opinions or advice! Use the form I've posted below - tell us your plan of action and checklist if you have one. Of course you can enter midmonth, I just put the date to encourage people to get their pictures up in the first week so we have the month to work!
4. Declutter, Organize and Simplify away! Use each other on this thread for support, advice and inspiration! Feel free to share more pictures along the way if it inspires you or if you are excited about something maybe someone else might like to try too! Feel free to include decorating and other homemaking activities in this challenge if that is part of your plan for your room.
5. May 31st - Post your before and after pictures! Ding Ding Ding - time is up! At the end of the month, we'll all take pictures of how our rooms look and post them with the original shots for a before and after! Heap each other with praise and admiration for a job well done!
The inspiration for this idea is that we all be working on the same room, or similar ones. Next month we'll pick a different room to work on (or if you think there are enough people interested, start your own challenge!) The Monthly challenge thread is always lively and a good place for posting that sort of thing.
You are welcome to participate without sharing pictures if you like. It is fun to share visuals to help each other brainstorm as well as have the fun of seeing the before and after shots. So many of us had fun sharing pictures of how our houses looked dirty, I figured we'd really get a kick out of showing off what we've done. However, feel free to join and contribute without pictures if you prefer.CUT and PASTE this form to "enter" the challenge:
MY ROOM PICTURE TOUR
WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT MY ROOM(Include a picture!)
WHAT I LIKE LEAST ABOUT MY ROOM
HOT SPOTS (spots in your room that tend to collect clutter)
MY PLAN OF ACTION - whatever you would like, just a list of your goals.GO!