Help me Hang in There! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-07-2007, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are gearing up for a huge garage sale this weekend. I'm getting frustrated and overwhelmed though.

Our pile to sell is literally 12ft x 14 ft. and 6 ft. high. Our cars will not fit into the garage since we're selling so much. I'm thrilled about that and glad at that progress.

I'm overwhelmed because pre-sorting for garage sale my house was in good order. We've gone through every room and closet and now I feel like a cyclone has come through and need to re-organize all over. UGH!

Anyone else been there? I'm feeling defeated would love to hear from those who've gotten through this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-07-2007, 09:40 PM

Is all the selling stuff in one place? It sounds like it is in the garage...if so, whatever sells, great. All the rest plan to donate or give away as soon after the sale as possible -- as in load up your car after the sale and drive to Salvation Army or Goodwill and drop it off or call for a pickup. That will prevent the stuff from leaking its way back into your clean home. Otherwise keep reminding yourself that this will pass and soon you will have decluttered and hopefully have a nice chunk of cash too!
#3 of 5 Old 05-07-2007, 09:43 PM

Im also assuming its all in one place.. If not.. Get it all in once place.. Then start with the easiest bits of the house.. Or the most noticeable ones. Do not just throw things unorganized back into their closets or it might be a while before they are sorted properly Just take your time and dont rush. You will only get more frustrated.
#4 of 5 Old 05-08-2007, 12:33 AM - Thread Starter

Yes the garage sale stuff is all in one place. However in the process of decluttering, the inside of my house looks disasterous. It looked good before we started sorting and that's what feels overwhelming.

Nothing will come back into the house a truck is coming by to pick up the leftovers.

Thanks for the reminders - this is temporary, and if all goes well I'll have some $$$ to show for it.

Hey maybe I'll bring in a cleaning lady with the proceeds to help me get back on track!
#5 of 5 Old 05-15-2007, 07:25 PM

Courage! Once the garage sale stuff is gone & you've recovered from that effort you will be able to reclaim your house & it will feel SO good to have it lighter, less crowded & crammed. Congratulations on all your work so far.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page