My Own Downsize Adventure-- Pics! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 05-22-2007, 01:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, this is really inspiring. I am so drawn to minimalism, yet I have a difficult time achieving it.
#32 of 40 Old 05-22-2007, 10:44 AM

Your home is ADORABLE! I LOVE the clean, uncluttered look, and it's still warm and homey! VERY nice!!!

Thanks for sharing!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#33 of 40 Old 05-22-2007, 10:57 AM

It's very pretty! You say you aren't staying there long, where are you moving to? It looks like such a nice place to leave. I also love the paint colors.

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#34 of 40 Old 05-23-2007, 03:14 PM

This is wonderful! Your home is so lovely and peaceful looking. This is what I aspire to - a home where my family and I can escape the clutter of modern life! Thanks for the inspiration!
#35 of 40 Old 05-23-2007, 09:34 PM

Beautiful.
#36 of 40 Old 05-24-2007, 10:23 AM

What a great apartment! It's inspirational!
#37 of 40 Old 05-25-2007, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottothinkpositive View Post
Very cute!!!!!
why did you guys have to downsize out of curiosity?
We first decided to move because we felt uncomfortable in our HUGE apartment. It was just too big and it was too hard for me, a SAHM of a baby and toddler, and my husband working lots of overtime at that point in time, to keep it clean-- and then, we found out DS1 was getting lead poisoning form that apartment, so we decided to move. We wanted to move to a slightly safer area of town, which would cost a little more in rent, but we couldn't afford any more in rent. So then we decided to kind of think outside the box when deciding how much space we needed. We started decluttering like crazy people. We closed down first one bedroom to see how it was living with only two. (No problem.) Then closed down two. Still no problem. So, we decided to try to find a one bedroom apartment with a larger kitchen and/or living room area than we had at the time. And we did! And it was great! We are saving about $100 a month on rent and utilities from what we were paying before (hard to say how much it is exactly because of utility differences) and we are in a better area too.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#38 of 40 Old 05-25-2007, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom4tot View Post
It's very pretty! You say you aren't staying there long, where are you moving to? It looks like such a nice place to leave. I also love the paint colors.
Thank you so much, and thank you everyone.

I've been affected by SAD with the long winters here, so we are expecting to move as soon as a good opportunity pops up in dh's company (which we have reason to think wouldn't be too much longer.) We are strongly considering North Carolina, or possibly Florida. But I don't know, I still feel conflicted about moving-- it is a really great apartment, right next to two little parks with playgrounds (one with a community pool) and also within walking distance to a library-- oh and a new little HFS just opened up within walking distance too! Woohoo! Also we have lots of family in this area. It's GREAT here from late spring through early fall . . . but by November it gets really hard to take the boys out at all and I kinda get stuck inside and it's overcast a lot and crummy and I get cabin-fever-ish. : I like walking a lot, when the weather permits I walk every day. So I miss that in the winter (it's often either too cold to take the boys out or else the sidewalks are covered in snow.) We'll see how it goes this winter (I don't think we'll move before then ) and maybe it'll be better, now that DS2 will be a year old, but we'll see.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#39 of 40 Old 05-25-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTigerBear View Post
Thank you so much, and thank you everyone.

I've been affected by SAD with the long winters here, so we are expecting to move as soon as a good opportunity pops up in dh's company (which we have reason to think wouldn't be too much longer.) We are strongly considering North Carolina, or possibly Florida. But I don't know, I still feel conflicted about moving-- it is a really great apartment, right next to two little parks with playgrounds (one with a community pool) and also within walking distance to a library-- oh and a new little HFS just opened up within walking distance too! Woohoo! Also we have lots of family in this area. It's GREAT here from late spring through early fall . . . but by November it gets really hard to take the boys out at all and I kinda get stuck inside and it's overcast a lot and crummy and I get cabin-fever-ish. : I like walking a lot, when the weather permits I walk every day. So I miss that in the winter (it's often either too cold to take the boys out or else the sidewalks are covered in snow.) We'll see how it goes this winter (I don't think we'll move before then ) and maybe it'll be better, now that DS2 will be a year old, but we'll see.

I know just what you mean. I am in Western New York where there is little sun from much of November until April. It is cold and dark most of the winter. My SIL an her grown sons all moved to NC 6 years ago and they LOVE it My BIL talks about how much more gardening weather he has and the boys couldn't be happier. I realize they all moved down together, but they still miss family here. Good luck wth your decision.

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#40 of 40 Old 05-25-2007, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom4tot View Post
Good luck wth your decision.
Thank you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page