Please share your yard sale tips! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-18-2007, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My mom and I are having a yard sale. I want to get rid of stuff most of all, but of course making some money in the process would be nice. It feels so good to de-clutter! But already I am looking at things and saying "hmm. maybe I should hold onto that such-and-such just in case". I have a set of hand weights that I have not picked up in years but I have it in my mind that after I have my baby I will use them to get back in shape. I don't know that realistically I will use them. But my intentions are good!

So, do you have any tips for me? We are going to put "no early birds" in the ad- for the last yard sale we had, it was to start at 8:00am on saturday. Friday evening, we had people knocking on our door asking to look at stuff! :

So, any advice on any aspect of having a yard sale would be greatly appreciated!

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#2 of 3 Old 05-18-2007, 07:21 PM

Get rid of everything. After you have the baby, if you decide you wish you had those free weights again, either use books or go to some yard sales and buy some. Or better yet, at that point, ask for them on Freecycle.
#3 of 3 Old 05-18-2007, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! And I just found another thread 5 pages back that have yard sale tips too- sorry- I should have checked first!

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page